𝟭𝟮. in the sands of time

CHAPTER TWELVE
i guess i don't know my own strength

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐉osephine Toretto was a fuel tank on the verge of exploding. The turmoil within her might burst out any time and ignite into a full calamity. She really hoped nobody would be there when it did. Mia was the first person to rush toward her, looking like a deer caught in headlights when she noticed the blood on their shirts and their red-stained hands. She bombarded them with questions that Dom had to answer for the silent sister who had a dark look on her face.

     The Toretto household had never been so quiet and intense.

     Dominic forced them to pack their clothes, which Mia didn't quite want to do. Even Josephine because running away was never a choice for her. Then he left them to make a plan about the next few hours he would have to face, the two sisters standing wordlessly around each other with heavy hearts.

     "It was him." Josephine forced the words out of her mouth as she rubbed the blood off her hands on the sink with Mia standing by the doorway. "Brian's a cop."

    Mia's face turned with disbelief and despair. "Oh, Josie."

     "It doesn't matter now," She said dryly, her skin stinging from how harsh she was cleaning her hands. She turned around and hastily dried her hands with a towel in the corner. "Dom has to leave, the others, too. They can't stay here."

    "I know," Mia sighed, anxiously biting her fingers. "Come on, Jo. Maybe we could still do something."

    "The only thing we can do is make them disappear," Josephine exclaimed, marching out of the bathroom, her younger sister rushing after her. "Dom can't go to prison again, Mia. We can't have that again."

     Their heads shot up toward the curtained windows, hearing the roar of an engine before it stopped. Somebody had pulled up at their driveway. The sisters shared an urgent look. Josephine hurriedly grabbed the gun hiding in one of their secured drawers in the house, Mia watching her nervously. 

     "Jo, what are you doing?" Mia demanded.

     "Stay here, Mia," She muttered.

     "What do you mean stay here? Are you crazy, Jo?" Mia exclaimed, beating her to the front door as she glanced uneasily at the pistol in her sister's trembling hands. "What are you gonna do with that? Are you gonna shoot someone?"

     "If I have to," Josephine spoke honestly but trouble swam in her amber eyes. "Now, move. Please."

     As soon as Mia moved aside, the older sister marched out of the house with the gun in her hand. Her gaze landed on the bright orange Supra parked at the end of the driveway and saw Brian O'Conner with the same gun in his hand and pointing it in the direction of her brother by his Dodge Charger. Her breath caught in the middle when she saw the familiar vehicle out in the sun for the first time in years.

    "Jo." Brian faltered when he saw her. His heart broke a little when she averted her gun at his face. Dominic, who held a gunshot to his chest, merely walked forward to him. "Dom, put the gun down now!"

     Dominic briefly glanced at Jo and then back at Brian who hid behind the door of his car. "Move your car."

     "Do what he says, Brian," Josephine said lowly as she inched toward her brother. She knew it was probably wrong to point a gun at a police officer but that was a risk she was willing to take. Dom had to be gone before the rest of the cops found him.