𝟮𝟬. turning of a wheel

CHAPTER TWENTY
because i know you'd die for me

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐃ominic was hurt. That was Josephine's top worry when they arrived at his place. But the man seemed like he was taking the bullet wound too well as if the pain did not fazed him at all. It was a little worrying for the sister who tried talking him out for a doctor or a hospital. He profusely denied that he needed medical attention. Then Brian suggested someone that Josephine didn't want there. Only one person could help him now, and it was really hard for her because she never wanted to drag that person into this.

     Three knocks sounded from the rickety door and Josephine stood with a sigh as she went to open it. A pair of intense blue eyes followed her movements, watching as she greeted her younger sister who didn't look too happy when she saw him. Then she seemed to notice the bruises on her sister and became more worried. He gulped ever so slightly, rising to his feet as he met them halfway in the room.

     Brian cleared his throat. "Mia." 

     "Is this your way of keeping me away from my family?" Mia retorted as she walked past him with a quiet Josephine on her tail.

     "You're the only one we could call," Brian muttered. I supposed Mia still disliked him for everything he did but she seemed to calm down when Josephine gave her a certain look that only they could understand.

     "They're my family, of course," Mia said incredulously.

     Before the medical student could tend to her brother, Mia made sure to check on Josephine first and ordered Brian to take care of her. Josephine tried to tell her that she didn't help but Mia was already turning her back on her and going over to Dominic who was sitting on the table by the large windows. Her gaze fell on Brian who was patiently standing by a chair with a first aid kit in his hands, and Josephine sighed defeatedly.

     She begrudgingly took a seat in front of the man, biting her lips ever so slightly as she tried to avoid his gaze by staring at her siblings instead. Brian didn't seem to care as he lowered down at her height, his knee touched the floor and he hesitated to take her bruised knuckles. Josephine subtly moved her hand, and Brian gently grabbed it and began to clean the raw wound with a wet towel. He was careful with it but she didn't even flinch at the slightest touch of the fabric against the scraped skin.

     "The bullet's not in there," Mia muttered as she took off the previous bandage behind Dom's shoulder. She rushed to pick out the things she needed to patch him up. "I'm gonna clean it and stitch it up. It's going to hurt."

     Dom chuckled under his breath. "I bet you're going to enjoy this."

     "A little," Mia smirked.

     As soon as they were all patched up and Brian had made sure Josephine didn't suffer a broken nose━the youngest out of them thought it was a good idea to have dinner together. Frankly, Josephine didn't mind as she was too hungry to care. They sat by the windows, the moonlight shining brightly outside. She sat across Mia and Brian sat across Dom. Chinese takeout food lay in front of them, and they couldn't forget about their usual Corona beer.

     "Want some of this?" Mia asked, unwrapping another dish before setting it on the small table. Her siblings nodded in response. "It's spicy."