𝟬𝟵. running in circles

CHAPTER NINE
if i get burned, at least we were electrified

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐓he Toyota Supra was beautifully coming to life. Its bright orange exterior looked magnificent on the body of the car. They did justice to it with more intricate designs. Mia helped with that one (all while badgering her older sister about her date night). The feeling always felt good each time━seeing the outcome of the car they were building by their own hands. You could always see the effort they put into it when they finished.

     Josephine plastered the last sticker on the side of the Supra and seemed to be satisfied with it. She stood up, not noticing Mia already waiting for her by the tool rack with a small smirk on her pretty face. Her arms crossed in front of her chest as she visibly judged her sister's whole outfit in the LA weather.

     "Nice sweater," Mia commented but there was an edge to her tone that said she already knew. Her brown eyes twinkled with a certain playfulness to them. "Where'd you get it, Jo?"

     The girl almost groaned, briefly glancing around to see where everybody was. She glared at Mia. "Don't even start."

      Mia snickered, leaning over to pull aside the collar of the large sweater to reveal what she had been hiding all day ever since she went home early in the morning. The younger girl gasped dramatically, slightly pushing her on the shoulder as the older girl practically jumped away. Her cheeks turned red, the heat rising to her ears when last night's events vividly flashed in her mind.

     "Dude," Mia laughed, her eyes widened like she'd just seen something scandalous.

     Josephine rolled her eyes, pulling Brian's maroon sweater over her body to cover her lower neck and shoulders. She sent a warning look at her sister before the girl walked out of the garage and laughed merrily to herself. Either way, Josephine felt herself smiling the same as she shook her head. She loved her sister so much that she'd die before she could.

     Not even a minute after she left, someone came trudging into the garage again. She was about to say some sarcastic comment, expecting to be her sister again but instead, a pair of strong arms wrapped gently around her neck as she sat on the floor. Josephine looked up, finding Brian Spilner staring at her with a warm smile.

     "Did you see Mia on your way in?" Josephine asked absentmindedly.

     "Your sister looked happy to see me," Brian commented. His eyes flickered to the bright orange Supra in front of them. His warm breath fanned over her neck as he murmured: "She's beautiful."

     "I know." Josephine agreed, carefully tracing the designs on the car door. "She could probably throw off my baby, too. Probably."

     Brian chuckled, briefly leaning his chin atop her head. "Probably?"

     "Not if I'm the one driving it."

     "Somehow, I believe that."

     "Please... Don't even think I can't beat you for one second."

     Brian helped her up to her feet, grasping her hand in his. He didn't let go as she stumbled closer toward him. "We should race soon."

     "We should." Josephine slipped a hand over his nape, caressing the ends of his hair with her thumb. He tilted his head slightly, looking at every inch of her beautiful face. Like she was a work of art. Her brows furrowed when she noticed. "What?"

     "You're beautiful," Brian uttered softly, snaking his hands around her waist so they were chest to chest. He leaned to press multiple gentle kisses on her face━everywhere but her lips and mumbled: "So, so beautiful."