𝟮𝟵. cease to be at peace

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
i don't wanna start no trouble

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐓he Toretto girl almost forgot the feeling of adrenaline on the street racing world until she stepped foot onto the streets crowded with custom cars, men, and hip-swinging, scantily clad women again. She tailed Dominic's Charger in the 1971 Skyline and parked next to each other along the row of many others. A flicker of excitement flashed across her face, red-stained lips curving into a smirk as gorgeous ladies walked past them on this loud night.

     She looked to her side, making eye contact with her brother and Brian. The duo were already grinning widely at the familiarity of the situation. Dominic smirked at her in the driver's seat of his Charger. "Home sweet home."

     They exited the cars, earning a bunch of eyes on them, probably wondering who they were, but the three didn't give a damn. Brian gravitated toward her side, slipping a hand behind her back as they walked further into the party. The blond already had his gaze aimed at all the sports cars surrounding them and Dom, well, her brother was already mingling with women only using his charms.

     Their eyes glittered as they surveyed the open hoods of the cars, showing them the modified engines and a bunch of other stuff Josephine was too lazy to name. Upbeat music blared out in the venue, mixing with the loud chatters of street racers, men and women, and the constant revving from those who wanted attention. A street-race party was lively as usual no matter where it was.

     "Or that. How about that?" Brian suddenly fastened his pace eagerly, his tone becoming thrilled. Josephine grinned slightly as she followed his gaze glued on the light blue Porsche 996 GT3 RS where a couple of women surrounded it. "All motor, no tuning issues. I always wanted one of those."

     "You want anything that's GT, babe," Josephine chuckled, enjoying the way her partner was acting like a kid who just got a new toy for Christmas. The blond didn't seem to disagree as he merely pulled her closer, nudging his nose against the dark hair that fell on her back.

     "Held the record on the Avenida three years running." A man spoke, going around the Porsche as he made himself known to the trio. His accent a little thick. He had tattoos everywhere, a pearl necklace glinting on his chest, and he had a smug smirk on his face. "Caraca, mano. You got a lot of balls to bring your problems here, Toretto. Not to mention a cop."

     Brian remained unfazed, sarcasm beneath his words as he said: "Yeah, we can keep that on the low."

     "Actually, he was an FBI agent," Josephine deadpanned, making the man look at her with a slight furrow between his brows which she flashed a cynical smile in return.

     "Word on the street is a lot of people are looking for you three," He said loudly, pointing accusing fingers at the two men and woman who seemed more entertained than nervous. People were now paying more attention to them. "What? You didn't think we'd recognize you?"

     "No, we're kind of counting on it," Josephine shrugged.

     "That little coupe may run the streets around here," Dom chuckled under his breath. He looked back at the owner of the Porsche. "But that monster has never seen a set of tail lights. Ever."

     He pointed at his Charger parked behind them. Though no longer the glossy black demon they remember—its distinctive supercharger gone, and the black paint now primer gray, there's no doubt it was Dominic Toretto's infamous Dodge Charger.  

     "Well, she's about to," He shot back, provoking a laugh from both Brian and Josephine. He slipped into Portuguese smoothly, letting everybody around them understand. "Dominic Toretto's in my garage. Now that... will be a nice trophy." The man turned back to them, his face serious. He gestured at the Charger. "Let's go, legend. Car for car."