𝟬𝟮. a sense of belonging

CHAPTER TWO
they got no idea about me and you

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐓he area was already booming with people, music, and cars when she arrived. Josephine drove slowly through the increasing crowd as they rowdily gathered around her ride, recognizing the exterior and the sound of her modified engines that roared louder through the noise. They cheered, hollered, and shouted her name. Like the rest of them, Josephine had a reputation to uphold.

     The Toretto girl didn't like losing.

     Her tinted windows slowly rolled down, revealing the smirking girl inside the midnight blue Honda. She revved up the engine, earning a few whistles from a few men and women who checked out her and her ride from a distance. The neon blue underglow of her car lit up their feet as she parallel-parked into an open spot between a Mazda and another one who was playing with their hydraulics.

     It seemed like she got there early. Josephine thought. She stepped out of her vehicle, a few people greeting her here and there with quick high-fives and grins. She quickly searched around her but her brother and their friends weren't there yet. That only made the grin on her face grow bigger, and then she noticed a certain blond who seemed to stand out the most in this racing crowd.

     Subconsciously, her feet began leading her towards him. She pushed past the mob until she reached him but he didn't quite see her as she stopped beside the neon green 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse parked behind him. Her face pulled with amusement, tapping a finger or two on the hood of the car as she made herself known to the man who looked a little lost in this crowd of racers.

     "This yours?" Josephine raised an eyebrow as he completely turned around and looked at her. He was wearing whole black like last time. His usual watch on his wrist and that strange string of gray on the other.

    Brian seemed a little surprised. Then he gathered himself and shrugged coolly, fighting off the urge to smile. "I don't know. What do you think?"

     Josephine pretended to inspect his car, puckering her glossy lips ever so slightly. "Might have to take her for a drive for me to judge."

     "Her?" He asked, amused. This time, he stepped forward. Almost like his body had inclined itself toward her. Like a magnet. Josephine leaned on his car, glancing up at his light azure eyes. The lights of the cars around them made them look like fireworks were exploding in them. "How do you know it's a her?"

     "Why not?" Josephine taunted, stepping closer so that they were almost chest to chest. His eyes flickered to her lips and back to her face.

     "Fair enough." A deep rumble echoed from the back of his throat as he chuckled at her. Even from the loudness of everybody else around them, nothing was going to stop them from talking to each other. He took a quick look at the cars around them. "I'm going to assume you brought your own girl?"

     "Wanna meet her?"

     "Lead the way, princess."

     Brian was perplexed. Josephine had never seen him so thrilled at the sight of her car. He had this childlike wonder in his light-colored eyes as he inspected her Honda S2000 carefully, tracing his fingers on the details on the metallic midnight blue wrap. Eventually, Josephine had him check inside the hood to make him see the masterpiece she'd pieced together so she could brag about it.

     And here Brian thought nothing could get more amazing about her. Josephine Toretto was something for sure.

     Hell, Brian had already forgotten about all the other pretty girls around them. Not even their pretty dresses and short shorts that showed off their bodies could make him look away from this daring girl who constantly surprised him. Truthfully, he did surprise himself a little, too, for not being into the whole scene and soaking the scenery like before.