One House

Creed was reading the map and the address. "Red River, Oregon. Sounds appropriate. It was named for me." He said casually as smiled out the car window.

They drove through the town. It looked nice and small. "Maybe we should have picked a bigger town!" Creed was nervous. People might notice something was off with Creed.

"Take it easy, Creed. This is going to be great. You'll see. It's a fresh start." Killian was optimistic. They pulled into the driveway and Killian got out of the car. He was excited about a new start. He was hoping it could be a new start for his brother as well.

Killian unlocked the front door and Creed followed him. He thought his brother was crazy to just pick up and move but this place wasn't terrible. He wasn't admitting that to anyone but this was a nice house and far enough out of town to be secluded.

They just moved into a fairly small town called Red River, Oregon. It was quite different from their town in Maryland and their continental home.

Creed wasn't sure that was the best idea but he kind of loved the name of the town. Red River sounded appropriate, especially if this went wrong. People in small towns noticed everything and they would notice that he was weird and different. He was staying in this house. He didn't need people paying attention to him.

"I told you it was perfect." Killian smiled.

"Sure. Perfect." Creed looked at the spiderwebs and old dusty furniture. "Right." He walked into a web and started spitting. "Yuck! That was in my mouth!" He wiped his face to get rid of the web. "Gross."

Killian laughed. "Watch where you're going, Creed. I know it needs to be cleaned but you can do that while I'm at work." Killian smiled. "I'm getting my stuff from the car." He walked out.

Creed cursed and followed him. "When do you start?"

"Tomorrow. I have to be there at seven in the morning. I meet the principle and get my room situated. I'm so excited to be teaching again!" Killian smiled. "Can't wait to be Mr. Moonridge!" He missed it this summer.

"Right, happy for you. I get to be the secret shut in. I'm thrilled about that!" Creed sighed. "The housewife. I should figure out how to kill myself!" He complained to his brother quietly. He didn't want to actually annoy Killian. He was doing this for him.

"Creed. What are you bitching about? I have to earn all the money and you get to be here!" Killian smiled as he waved at the house.

Creed looked at the outside of the house. It was a three-story, Victorian style house. Probably a hundred years old and it's said to be haunted. It needed a good coat of paint and some boards replaced on the front porch. It probably had a lot of plumbing issues too. Creed was going to hate this house.

"I am going to die in this house, Killian!" Creed was not happy to be here.

"You won't and you were just contemplating suicide. Look, there is a forest out back that you can run wild in. Hundreds of acres. There are two protected forests nearby and more to find. This will be perfect! Get your stuff." Killian smiled.

He couldn't wait to start this new life. Start over. He wasn't thinking about any of the past. He didn't like it. It was his nightmare. "Give this a chance. Okay?"

"Sure." Creed took a breath and walked into the house. He would try for his brother.

**************************************************

I hope you enjoy this story. I have been editing and writing this thing for way too long! I love this story and these guys! I hope you do too.. enjoy..

And thanks for reading! Vote too if you want!

Thanks!