One Halloween

Halloween was here. Killian went to the festival with Lois and Haven while Creed stayed at the house.

Haven didn't ask and Killian found that interesting. He hoped to find a man like that someday. Haven was very cool. They had a great day. The sun was shining and it wasn't too cold. There was the smell of snow in the air but this was perfect.

"I can't wait to see the house!" Lois was excited. They were ready to trick or treat. Lois was in her costume all day. She didn't win the costume contest but she still got candy.

"Me either." Haven smiled. He couldn't wait to see Creed. It's been a week since those kisses.

"Speaking of the house, I have to get back. I hope to see you both later." Killian smiled. "There will be dinner too."

"Bye, Uncle Killian." Lois smiled.

"Bye, Lois." He kissed her cheek. "Haven."

"Killian. Is Creed okay?" Haven watched him.

Killian just laughed. It was a hearty laugh. "Hell no! He is a very complicated mess, Haven!" He smiled. "But he is a great guy. It's worth the time to try. I promise."

Haven smiled and nodded. "Okay." He hadn't seen him all week but that was normal.

Killian walked in the house after leaving the festival. He waved at several people on his way. He knew almost everyone. "Creed."

Creed walked out of the kitchen. "Hey, how was the festival?"

"It was awesome. You should have gone." Killian was pouring some water. He was thirsty.

"Couldn't. Too much sun. It looked pretty outside." Creed smiled. He missed the sun sometimes. He really didn't care for it now. "And I was busy making haunted food for dinner. I have finger sandwiches that look like fingers and dirt for dessert. It's just pudding and cookies but it looks like dirt and apple cider to drink." He smiled.

"Sounds great. Is everything ready for tonight?" Killian was asking about the house. Creed added more to it in the middle of the night.

Creed smiled a pointy smile and his eyes were glowing. "How is that? Do you think it's too much?"

Killian smiled. "No one will know you are real! You look awesome and terrifying!"

"Great. I was going for terrifying. Do you think I should just not...dress up?" He sighed.

"No way! Be yourself. It's the only night of the year that you can." Killian smiled.

"Okay." He was worried.

"Just get ready and be scary. The kids will love it. We have to get more decorations for next year. I am going to the stores tomorrow for decorations that are on sale!" Killian was looking forward to a normal life.

Killian was loving this normal life. Well, semi-normal life. He loved his job and this town. He loved that his brother was getting back into life. Slowly. Haven seemed perfect and Lois was awesome. Creed could have a cute family if he didn't mess it up.

"What are you going as?" Creed had no idea.

Killian smiled. "I am going to be a vampire hunter! I thought it would be funny! I have a stake and everything."

Creed laughed. "Great. Very ironic." He loved his brother. He was always there.

They had a few brave kids come to the house and some adults including the Ballasts, the couple they first met. Creed made sure to give everyone two candy bars. He didn't want to get stuck with them.