One Church

Creed knew the fall out would be bad. He took a breath and walked into the station. He was scared that they were armed and waiting for him.

Dave Flante rushed up and hugged Creed. "Creed, thank all creation that you're safe! I was worried."

"Oh! I was waiting for an exorcism." Creed smiled. "I'm good. You can let go, Dave!" He smiled and hit him on the back twice. "I'm good."

"Are you okay?" Todd Journey asked because he was really worried about Creed.

"I'm better. Sorry if I scared anyone! Is everyone okay?" Creed looked around at some beat up officers from the cave. There was some food and bottled water for them.

"Alive. We're going back in the morning to document the scene and figure out who's dead. Hornsby's in surgery and some of the people are being watched overnight. They were dehydrated." Dave informed Creed.

Creed pulled out his phone and pushed a button. "Killian."

"Creed! I was worried. We're fine. All safe so far." He stopped. "Shit. Creed. The church is on fire! We won't be safe for long!"

"Fuck!" Creed dropped his phone. "Get to Red River. Churches on fire." Haven. Lois. "Meet me!" He ran to town. The church that Killian was in was on fire. He stormed up and pulled the doors off the hinges and tossed them into the yard as people began to rush out. Haven and Lois were in his arms. "Killian?" He pulled them away from the building. He watched everyone escape.

"I don't know!" Haven was freaking out. "I thought he was right here!"

Fire trucks arrived and were spraying the fire. Creed yelled for his brother. He was in a panic. He couldn't lose Killian.

There was a figure at the end of the road in the middle of town. "I have him, come get him."

"Who are you?" Creed was pissed. He stormed forward, toward the vampire. Haven and Lois were behind him.

"I'm the one that made Sienna. You took her, I'm taking him." He smiled at the very pointy smile. He was a tall vampire with dark hair and a wicked smile. His teeth were long and white.

Creed glared. "I don't think so." He wasn't losing his brother. "Killian? You okay?"

Killian smiled. They had practiced self-defense for five years. "I'm great." He was armed with holy water and ready. He was always armed just in case Creed ever freaked out on him. It was Creed's request.

Creed laughed. "It's funny that you think I need to protect him." He smiled. His eyes were shining. His people were everywhere, watching and worrying.

"He's a lousy human! What do you see in them?" The man was pissed that this vampire didn't act like others. "I have never heard of a vampire that protected humans the way you do. What makes you so different?" He actually wanted to know.

Creed laughed. "Well, I'm a jackass! I have respect for people and that is my brother. If I taught the sheriff's department a few things in a couple of hours, what do you think I taught my brother in five years?"

Killian smiled. That was his brother and he was proud.

"Humans have no power over vampires. We are superior! We are better and have been around longer. What could one human do to me that I hadn't thought of?" The man smiled and laughed. He was mocking Creed and his humans. He couldn't wait to drink this human's blood.

Killian laughed. "This!" He held up his crucifix and the vampire grabbed it. "I was expecting that, human!" It was burning but he wouldn't die.

Killian laughed. He pushed a jewel on the side and it sprayed holy water in the vampire's face. The vampire screamed and released Killian. Killian backed up to a safe distance as Creed rushed the vampire.

"Creed!" Dave Flante yelled and tossed a sword.

Creed caught it and thrust it into the vampire's heart, pulled it out and took his head. He was dust. Killian walked over and poured the rest of the holy water on the dust. It sizzled. "Fuck you!" Creed yelled and dropped the sword.

Killian wrapped his arms around Creed. "Damn good to see you!"

Creed nodded. "You too!" He hit his brother on the back. "You did good work!"

Killian let go and laughed. "That was science in action!"

Creed just shook his head. Haven rushed Creed and wrapped around him and he kissed him hard. Creed held Haven's face in his hands. "I love you, Haven!"

Haven nodded. "I love you! Are you okay?" He touched Creed's body and his face to be sure.

"I'm fine. I got to save some people and killed some vampires. Overall a fine day!" Creed smiled. Lois was there and he picked her up and kissed her cheek. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. That was scary!" Lois was shaking a little.

"I know. I'm sorry, Sweetheart, if I scared you!" Creed was always worried about that.

"No! I was scared of Uncle Killian! I thought he was dead!" Lois shimmied down and rushed to Killian. Killian picked her up and assured her he was fine.

"See. Science can save your life!" He smiled at Lois. "Right? Are you good?"

Lois nodded. Haven was wrapped around Creed. "Can we go home?"

"Sure. Get this shit figured out in the morning. Maybe later in the day!" Creed wasn't looking forward to the sun. It was rising.

"Creed. Your phone." Todd handed it to him.

"Man! Thanks. You okay?" Creed was worried about everyone else.

"I'm fine. We should add that to our training!" Todd smiled. Creed laughed and agreed. Some officers were helping with the fire. It was almost out. "I will check on you later!"

"Okay. I'll be at home." Creed was worried. He watched a lot of townspeople staring at him. They all knew. They would all know by tomorrow. He wondered what would happen. He pictured them getting kicked out of town or worse. He was enjoying his family tonight. Well, today.