One Question

Creed was trying to be more social. He began going to the hardware store more instead of giving Killian a list. They knew him by name now. He walked in. Jack was at the desk.

"Creed. How are you? Wait until you see the washer and dryer I just got in. It's nice." He smiled.

Jack Herod was an older gentleman, early fifties. He was always looking for something new. The hardware store was his baby.

"Nice. Can't wait to see it. Our dryer is still working for now, since I changed out that heating coil." Creed walked up to the counter. "I need some things for the tub in Lois' room. Damn thing keeps leaking. I think it's a seal or something. I tightened all the joints."

"Hey, did you hear the shit happening in Big Rock?" Jack looked around.

"Sheriff Hornsby was just in here. He heard the call. A man was missing three days ago and they found him in the forest. He was dead. He said it was the damndest thing. There was no blood at the scene. They have no leads either." Jake whispered the last part.

"No blood? What do they think?" He wondered what the police's theories were. His theory was a vampire.

"I heard they were thinking witchcraft or some satanic cult." Jack looked around. "Whatever it was, it's not normal. I mean, no blood? Where did it go? Who could just cart it off in the middle of nowhere? He was out a ways." Jack was worried. He wasn't going for walks. "I mean a wild animal I can understand but this is wrong. Something is off. How much blood is in a human body anyway?" Jack had no idea.

"About one point two gallons give or take." Creed just knew that answer with ease. "Clearly, something is way off." This information worried Creed. He didn't want to have to deal with a vampire.

"Well, let me know if you hear anything else. I'll be back in later this week. I have more problems ahead, Jack." Creed smiled but inside, he was disturbed. Another vampire was close and that information didn't sit well with him.

He never wanted to meet one. Megan was more than enough. He walked home in a fog and almost forgot to take Haven lunch. He walked to his shop and he was talking to a customer about the news. Killian will hear about this too.

Haven took his break to eat and visited with Creed. "I was afraid you wouldn't talk to me." Creed had to say it. He had that fear all the time.

Haven smiled and kissed him. "I would never do that to you. Were you in the shower this morning?" He watched Creed smile. They hadn't taken a separate shower since the night with the blood. True to his word, Haven never asked.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?" Creed was curious.

Haven smiled. "What do you have in mind?"

"I was thinking about cooking out on the grill." Creed wanted to make sure it wasn't too cold outside yet.

"Oh! That sounds lovely." Haven sighed. Creed was perfect.

"Well, I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be too cold for you and Lois." Creed couldn't judge temperature.

"Chilly but we can start a fire outside. It will be nice." Haven couldn't wait to get home. "I may close early tonight. Say four." The days were getting warmer but it was still cold enough to frost at night. Spring was taking its time getting here this year.

"Okay. I will see you at four." Creed kissed Haven and walked to the house. The bus dropped Lois off at the house now and the kids were a little scared of Lois because she lived at The Caster House. She loved being spooky.