One Brother

Killian opened his eyes as the alarm was going off. He hit the button. "Shut up!" He turned over with his eyes closed.

"You are going to be late if you don't get up." Creed walked in and opened the very dusty curtains and hissed at the sun. "The sun is out!" He turned away and moved to the shadows.

"It's supposed to rain later." Killian slowly sat up.

"Good. I need to hunt." Creed smiled. "I love to hunt!"

"Okay. I need to shower. Wish me luck!" Killian wasn't sure how the plumbing was.

"Maybe I should take a night class and become a plumber or a carpenter!" Creed smiled and walked out. He was getting the coffee started for Killian. He was trying to be supportive. Since the incident, he vowed to never be distracted by a woman again. His brother was his life and he made that promise to his parents.

He still loved the smell of coffee but couldn't drink it.

The doorbell rang. "Who in the hell could that be?" Creed walked to the front door and opened it. A couple was there.

"Good morning!" She smiled. She was very perky for early morning. "We just wanted to welcome you to town. It's not every day that someone moves into The Caster House." She smiled and studied Creed.

He was very good looking. Dark hair and pretty blue eyes. Wow, all men should look like him. He had a t-shirt and jeans on and no shoes or socks. He looked comfortable.

"Right. The Caster House?" Creed had to ask as he glared at them.

"That is the name of this house. It's haunted, you know!" She whispered it.

"Right. I don't really believe in ghosts. I think I'll be fine. You are?" Creed stared at the couple. They were wearing matching jogging suits.

"Where are my manners! I am Linnett Ballast and this is my husband, Wes Ballast. We both grew up here." Janice smiled.

"Right." Creed was staring at them.

"Who's at the door?" Killian walked up. "Creed?"

"Linnett and Wes Ballast." Creed stared and backed up. Killian took over. "Morning. Sorry about him, he isn't much of a morning person or a people person...a person in general. Hi. I'm Killian Moonridge. I'm the new high school science teacher." He smiled.

Wes exchanged looks with Linnett. This man was hot too. He had dark hair that was nicely trimmed and he was wearing a nice suit. He had pretty blue eyes too.

"Oh! Well, it's great to have a couple such as you in town!" She smiled and Wes nodded. They exchanged looks again. "There are a few same sex couple and I have a sister who is lesbian! They've been married for a while now .. five years or so!!" She was going to continue but Killian interrupted.

"What? A couple!" Killian almost laughed. "No! Creed is my brother! We're not a couple. He isn't my type. I would kill him after the first date!" He chuckled. "We're just brothers."

Linnett blushed. "I'm so sorry for assuming! How embarrassing!"

Wes took over. "Well, what brings you to our lovely town?"

"Peace and quiet," Killian stated and realized that could be taken wrong. "I just mean we're looking for some quiet. A nice safe place to settle. This seemed perfect. It's gorgeous here!"

Perfect for his vampire brother, lots of overcast and very cloudy days. "I hate to but I have to eat and get to school. You have children?"

"Not yet." Linnett smiled. "Maybe someday!" She smiled. Wes didn't ever want children so they wouldn't. It was a sensitive subject and Killian saw that.