One Dinner

"I'm not ready for this!" Creed was nervous. He cooked a wonderful dinner but he couldn't eat it. Shit. He hunted last night so he wasn't hungry. "What am I supposed to tell him? I can't eat!" Creed was not okay with this.

"Just tell Haven that you are full and you made it for him. I'm taking Lois out for a while. Two hours, maybe three. Enjoy!" Killian smiled.

"I hate you. They are coming." Creed took a breath. He stood up and sighed. "I can't do this."

"Yes, you can. Go and get laid!" Killian smiled.

"No! I can't!" Creed was scared to hurt Haven. He wasn't human and Killian didn't seem to care. "You go get laid!"

"I'm working on it. I met the hottest shop boy today!" Killian smiled and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Whore!" Creed teased.

Killian laughed. "I wish!"

"It's overrated!" Creed smiled and Killian laughed as the doorbell rang. "Get the door." He sighed.

Killian led Haven to the kitchen and was holding Lois' hand. "Do you want to go to a movie?" He watched the little one.

Lois smiled. "Yes!" She winked at Killian and he almost laughed. This girl was smart.

Killian nodded. "Kidnapping Lois and we are seeing a movie. Night! Back in three hours." He didn't wait. They were out the door.

Haven inhaled sharply. Creed glared at the hall that led to the door. "I hate him." He turned to Haven. "I'm sorry about him. He is a pain in the ass. He thinks I should move on."

"You should...but I don't know anything, Creed. This smells fantastic." Haven looked at the table. Real plates. He touched one. "Glass?"

"I know. I actually bought real plates and wine glasses. I grabbed a bottle from the cellar. I have no idea about wine, so it could be bad." Creed was so nervous. "I...this is just dinner."

Haven smiled. "Good. I'm not looking for anything complicated, Creed."

"Well, I am complicated, Haven. Very." He looked sad and poured the wine. He smelled it and took a sip. "This is good!" He took another.

Haven took a sip as the timer went off. "Delicious."

Creed smiled and took the pan from the oven. He wasn't thinking about anything and didn't use oven mitts or a towel. Haven noticed. Creed set it on the island and Haven stared at him. Creed looked down and realized his mistake. Well, shit. How did he explain this? "Uh..."

Haven put up a hand. "I don't want to know, right?"

Creed shook his head and turned around. He wiped a tear. "No." He cleared his throat. "Dinner is ready."

"Creed." Haven was worried. He sighed and turned. "I told you that I won't ask but that was weird. Are you okay? Did you burn your hand?" He looked at his hands that Creed was holding together.

"No, Sweetheart. I'm fine. I wasn't thinking but dinner is done and you should eat before it gets cold." Creed smiled as he loaded a platter with dinner. He set it on the table and sat in a chair. This was a mistake.

Haven took some meat and veggies and he took a bite. "So good!"

Creed smiled. "Good. I love to cook." He didn't make a move to try to pretend. "I don't want to pretend with you. I can't eat this but I...just want you to enjoy it. I'm not a regular person, Haven. I'm not. I don't know how to pretend either."

Haven smiled and nodded. "I don't want you to pretend anything with me, Creed. I dated a woman that pretended. She told me lies and led me on and as soon as she had Lois, she was gone. We were engaged and she said she loved me. She was a player. She was beautiful but she just wanted to party. She never wanted kids. I thought we were in love."