One Kill

Creed enjoyed his hunt and took his time. He was having fun and lost track of the day. He was good for three more days as he walked back to the house. He saw Haven's car in the driveway.

This was going to be weird. He was covered in blood. He ran in and up the stairs. He rinsed off and changed and rushed to the back door and slammed it. He walked into the living room.

"There you are." Killian smiled. He looked at Creed. He always walked in all bloody. He was upstairs and changed already. "You good?"

"Yes." Creed sat beside Haven. "Hello." He kissed him.

"Gross!" Lois smiled. She didn't think so at all.

Killian laughed. "I know! What about dinner? Some of us are hungry!"

Creed glared. "Right. I won't hit you because my lovelies are here. Who wants to help?" He smiled because Lois raised her hand. "Come on. We are making hamburgers. Is that okay?"

"I love hamburgers. Can mine have cheese on it?" Lois asked.

"Of course." They busied themselves in the kitchen while Killian and Haven talked about people in town. They got a little gossip in.

Lois had some questions. "So, you don't eat?"

Creed smiled. "I am on a very strict diet. I eat to keep people safe, Lois, and I will never hurt you or your dad. I love you."

Lois smiled. "I love you too!"

"Good. Do you know how to flip burgers?" Creed taught her how to cook burgers and they had fun. He never thought about a child before. He loved Lois. He wished she was his. He wished he could have children without turning people.

Creed wished a lot of things through dinner but he smiled and laughed. It was like a real family dinner. This was fantastic and he could tell that Killian was having a great time also. Haven shared stories about people in town. Creed didn't know them but Killian did.

Add more

New

The days blended into months and it was almost spring. One more big snow and the days were warmer. Killian was happy about that. He was sick of snow for the year. Haven and Lois were practically living at the house. Lois had her own room beside Creed's room. Haven was staying with him. Lois was happy about it.

Killian loved the change and Haven ignored all the weirdness that was Creed.

He went for a walk in the middle of a blizzard without his coat. He forgot his coat a lot. It was below zero and Haven couldn't see anything outside. Haven didn't think this was the best time for a walk. Creed had to hunt. He loved coming back home to Haven. He would be asleep in Creed's bed and Creed would wrap around Haven and listen to him sleep.

Creed had bad timing one late night. He walked into the back door as Haven was walking from the kitchen with a glass of water. He froze and Haven stared at him. Creed was covered in blood.

"It's just an animal, Haven." Creed looked down.

Haven just stared. Creed was sure this would be it. "What kind?"

"Bear." Creed wouldn't lie. "I can have it tested for you. I told you I won't lie." Creed flinched because he was afraid he would have to explain this. He wasn't ready. "There was a bear, just out of hibernation, heading to town. Big male bastard. I..."

"Does this keep you from killing people?" Haven figured he murdered the girl and like it and now he was some crazy sociopath.

"In a way, yes." Creed knew Haven wasn't thinking about vampires.

Haven nodded. "If it keeps people safe, okay. How big was the bear?" He watched him.

"Big!" Creed smiled. He was delicious. "Never saw a bear in real life!"

"Uh, did you use a gun?" Haven figured Creed did since this was hunting.

Creed looked at the floor then at Haven. "I have other weapons, Haven. Trust me when I say I was totally fine. Very safe. Even though it doesn't look like it."

"This is weird, you know." Haven stared some more.

"I know. My deal still stands. When it's too much, you are free to go. I would never harm you, Sweetheart. Ever. I love you." He always would too. "Just let me know." He figured this was it.

Haven took a breath. "I'm okay. Just...how do you get that blood out?"

Creed laughed. "I just throw these out and burn them. I need a shower!" He followed Haven upstairs. Haven helped Creed with his shower. Haven chose to ignore this too. Maybe he was a fool but he trusted Creed. Haven was definitely a fool.

Lois was ignoring the strange things she saw too. It was three am when she looked outside. She watched Creed drag two large trees from the woods, by hand. He pulled them to the backyard and chopped them up. He didn't have an ax.

She watched in wonder. He whistled the whole time and his eyes were glowing blue. She had questions and wondered if anyone else knew. Maybe no one knew. She was asking Uncle Killian. He never lied to her.

Killian was in his office when Lois walked in. "Can I talk to you?"

"Always, Lois. What's up?" He turned to look at her.

"I saw something last night?" Lois looked into his blue eyes.

"What did you see?" Killian whispered.

Lois looked worried. "I saw Creed chopping wood."

Killian nodded. "You know that he will never hurt you. Right?"

"I know. I was curious if you knew." Lois smiled.

Killian smiled. "I know everything. I know but I promise he is safe with us and it's our job to keep him safe from others. No one can know. Understand? People aren't nice."

Lois' eyes got big. "I know! People are horrible. This one kid ate a booger in class and they never let him forget! They were so mean to him. They call him booger eater."

"What did you do?"

"Same thing that you do with Creed. I ignored it and he is my best friend." Lois smiled. "I try to do the right thing."

"Me too." Killian smiled.

"Does Dad know?"

"I don't think so but they have their own deal. Creed loves your dad. He loves you too." Killian knew that.

"I know. I never had that before. I love Creed. He is a great Dad." Lois smiled.

"I know." Killian smiled. "He has been my dad for five years. He takes care of me."

"I'm glad he has you." Lois smiled and kissed his cheek. "I'm glad we have you too."

"Me too." Killian smiled.

*************************************************

I hope you are enjoying this story.... Thanks for reading!