One Rescuer

Creed spent a couple of hours giving all of the officers a crash course on hand to hand combat with a vampire. He showed them some good strategies just to keep themselves alive. Mostly stay in a group and the crucifix is a great weapon and never panic.

"Everyone that was willing is hiding in the church buildings." Office Todd looked nervous. He was loaded with guns and ammo.

"Thanks, Rambo!" Creed smiled. "Make sure to double up on crosses."

Todd nodded and went to make sure everyone did that.

Creed took a breath and made sure Killian, Haven, and Lois were safe in the church and gave Haven and Lois their own necklaces. He had to protect them.

Killian threatened his brother with death if he didn't come back. Haven was scared and just held Lois. He knew that Creed would risk his life for this town. What an idiot. Haven never made him promise to be careful, he did make sure Creed promised to come back.

The posse was in Big Rock waiting for the sun to set. This vampire was enjoying killing people and they had to try to find any people that were missing. They had an approximate count of missing people. Ten officers including Sheriff Hornsby and Sheriff Spencer.

There were several townspeople and three tourists. They went missing during a hike. There were thirty people in all. Creed hoped they weren't all dead. But that thought led to more. Was he storing them, waiting until he was hungry? Were they all dead?

That was a lot of food for one vampire. There had to be more than one. He had to have made more vampires. How many? If there are thirty vampires, they are all dead, the whole town and Big Rock. Creed couldn't protect them from thirty vampires. Creed didn't like this vampire.

"Come on. Don't separate. Stay together. If you see something, say something and keep the light behind me." Creed hated flashlights but that meant the bad guy would too.

Creed walked ahead of everyone. He was hunting right now. He caught a smell. Blood. "This way." He walked with purpose down a hill and up another and the men followed without hesitation or questions. He appreciated them. He smelled blood. He pulled some tree limbs from a hole in the hill and Chief Hornsby was laying there. He was breathing.

"Hey," Creed whispered and checked for a pulse. "He's alive. Sheriff? Are you okay?"

Hornsby opened his eyes. "Creed. I should have known you were part of this. We were attacked and the man left me. He wouldn't touch me. How did you know about the cross?"

"I just know. Can you walk?" Creed was worried.

"No. I think I broke my leg. I have been here since. I ran and panicked. It was a stupid rookie mistake. I don't know about anyone else. It's been silent here." He took a breath.

"Someone have water?" Creed whispered. Flante handed Hornsby some water and he drank it slowly. He appreciated it. "Can you just stay here? For now. I think you're safe here. Uh, I don't want to give away your hiding place. We will be back. Just hold on."

Hornsby nodded. "Never thought I would say this but it's good to see you, Creed. You would make an excellent cop!" He smiled.

Creed smiled. "Thanks, Sir. It's probably the blood loss." Hornsby chuckled and agreed. "We won't leave you. I'm going to kill that bastard." He nodded as Hornsby nodded. They covered him up again and kept moving. Creed smelled more blood. There was a cave. Why? Why was it in a cave all nice and creepy? "Here." He pointed. "Crosses ready." He watched the group.

"I see you brought me more food!" The vampire was on the hill behind them.

"No. I came to tell you to stop. You're killing my people. This is my place. You are intruding and I was here first. I don't share." Creed growled. "Where are they? The ones you took?"