One Cave

They were back at the cave, they tagged bodies and took pictures. Everything was logged and recorded. The dust that was Sienna was collected. Creed retrieved the body from the gorge, the one he took off the cliff and took his heart in the fall, Creed pulled his body up.

The bodies were getting burned after they were documented. Killian was in charge of that. Creed stayed away from that end. He helped bag bodies and find more. There were seven people uncovered farther from the cave area. Creed hunted for them. They were probably the first victims, before anyone knew there was a problem. They had to be identified through DNA. They had been there for a while.

Creed felt bad for these poor souls.

Dave was standing with Creed. "I have to say that none of this would have been found without your help. I can see that you feel bad but don't. I doubt this could have been stopped sooner."

"I figured they were move on. You know... I never wanted to see another vampire. They freak me out." Creed sighed.

Dave chuckled. "Sorry! That was funny because you are one! I'm glad you're different though. I am very grateful for that. And I can't blame you either! I wouldn't want to see another one either. They were scary as fuck!"

Creed chuckled. "Yes, they were!"

"I'm glad you taught us a few things!" Dave was grateful for Creed. "And you saved a lot of people that didn't end up like those first few. I know that they are grateful and so are their families and the families of those first few, they will not be left wondering where their loved ones are. You know? They have answers because of you. So, don't be too hard on yourself, do you hear me?"

Creed nodded. "I hadn't thought of that, Dave. Thanks." He did feel better because of Dave. "I mean it. Thanks for talking to me still!"

Dave nodded. "I'm cool."

Creed smiled. "True."

Dave inhaled. "Well, thanks for helping with this mess. Really. And Coming back for the clean up. That's the tough part." He wiped sweat from his face. "It's hot here!"

Creed nodded. He didn't feel the heat though.

*****************************************************

This is a short chapter but I hope you are enjoying this story so far. Thanks for reading.