One Posse

Killian was pacing when Creed walked in. Killian dove on him and hugged him tight. Haven had to let go of his hand. Lois smiled. She already gave Creed a bear hug. "Okay! I'm fine!" He hugged Killian one more time and backed up. "I'm fine. Thanks for the rabbit."

"Welcome. You okay?" Killian watched his brother.

"I am. I tried to warn Hornsby but he hates me. We're going to have to hunt for this vampire. I'm going to need some help, Killian. I've been thinking about it for three days and the only thing I can come up with is hunting it in a group." Creed was ready to get to work.

"Like get a posse together? I'm in!" Killian smiled.

"No. Just the cops. You are a teacher, Killian." Creed wasn't allowing his brother to risk his life.

"I'm not a pussy!" Killian was mad.

"I know that but I can't take a chance with you. I can't lose you." Creed looked at Killian in his eyes. "I can't let you go. You stay and protect our people. Okay? Get everyone you can into the churches. If this thing is like me, they will be safe in the church buildings." Creed watched Haven. "I mean you too. Both of you."

"Okay." Haven nodded. He saw the look. "Hey, I'm not going to go fight some crazy vampire. I know my limits. I'm a pussy!" He smiled and Killian laughed.

"Okay, Creed. But I'm going with you to the police station to explain things. We need some holy water too." Killian hesitated when he saw Creed's expression. "What?"

"I really don't want to tell them all of my weaknesses." Creed sighed. "Maybe just the crosses and the churches. For now. Hornsby will try to kill me!"

Killian smiled. "Right." He took a breath. "I'll bring the crucifix."

"Right now?" Haven stared.

"You want to come?" Creed smiled. He felt so much better around Haven. Of course the sex they just had in the shop was outstanding too. But he felt so connected and balanced around Haven. He felt almost human.

Haven was going anyway but Lois spoke up. "I do." Lois shrugged. "They won't be as scared of you if you are holding some cute kid!" She smiled. So, they were heading to the police station.

They pulled into the police station. Creed sighed. He wasn't really ready for this. "Ready?" Killian asked.

"No. No, I'm not." Creed sighed and got out. Lois took his hand and they walked into the station. They had to convince Hornsby first. "I need to talk to the Sheriff." Creed sighed.

"Can't. Sorry, Creed. They went out searching for the maniac killing people. They got a lead and took off about an hour ago." The deputy at the counter said as he picked up the phone.

His name was Drew Camp. He was a very sweet guy when he wasn't working at the desk. His desk personality was a bitch. Killian thought he was very sexy. He loved a man that was bossy.

Drew had pretty brown eyes and a gorgeous smile. His hair was slicked back at work. He was a little too skinny and the uniform really showed his ass off. He had a nice...anyway. Killian was thinking about asking him out but they had things to do right now.

"Well, shit!" Creed cursed and then apologized to Lois for the curse words. "Will you just call me when they get back? Please. It's important, Drew."

"Sure. I don't know how long..." Drew started. Killian loved his voice. It was musical.

"It doesn't matter how late, call me." Creed left his cell number and they left.

Creed went for a run and found a couple of elks. He was a little hungry and missed the hunt since he was cooped up for three days. He had fun and rushed back. He showered and laid in bed as his cell phone rang. It was the Sheriff's office.

"Hello." Creed was sitting up.

Drew was scared. "Creed. They're not back yet and no one has heard from them!"

Creed was throwing on his pants. "Can you do me a favor? Get everyone to the station, now. I need to have a word with anyone that will listen. Drew, trust me. Just get them to the station. I will be there in thirty." He hung up.

He woke Haven and Killian but left Lois to sleep. It was five am. Killian was packed and ready. Haven was staying with Lois at the house, for now. Creed wanted to keep his man safe.