One Sunday

It was Sunday and Creed was dodging the sun trying to set up Halloween decorations. Killian walked out with a cup of coffee. "Think it will be cool?" Creed smiled and looked at his work.

"We can turn it all on tonight and see. I think it will be awesome. I'm excited about the fog machine." Killian smiled just watching his brother. It was chilly out and Creed was in a t-shirt. "I think we need a new furnace."

"Well, that's great. Get that taken care of tomorrow. I will have to ask Haven who to talk to." Creed sighed. Haven was on his mind all the time.

"Sure." Killian smiled.

Creed stood and froze. "A car is coming." He walked into the house.

Killian sat on the porch and watched the familiar black sedan pull up. Haven got out and Lois was running up the steps. "Lois."

"Killian, is Creed here?" Lois missed him and she was already through the front door. Creed came from the kitchen with two mugs of hot chocolate.

"Hey, I missed you on Friday!" Creed smiled and handed her a hot chocolate.

"Guess what!" Lois was excited and sipped her hot chocolate. "I lost my first tooth!" She smiled and showed him.

Creed bent down and looked intently. "Was it clean? Well brushed?"

"Yes! I brush my teeth twice a day! I love to brush my teeth!" She sounded proud.

Creed laughed. "That is weird. You want to hear something very weird?" Lois nodded. "I do too!" He smiled at her expression. "Come on." He walked out and handed Haven a mug. "Hot chocolate." His fingers touched Haven's fingers and he almost melted. He felt tingles spread through his body.

"I should leave you guys with your hot chocolate." Killian stood to leave.

"No! You should stay!" Creed glared at his brother.

Killian smiled. "No. I shouldn't. I have papers to grade!" He walked into the house and closed the den. He turned that room into his office. He spent a lot of time in there.

"I hate him. Do you want to come inside?" Creed sighed.

"I do. It's freezing out here!" Lois was shivering.

Creed nodded. "It may not be warmer inside. We need a new furnace. Let's go and start a fire." He walked into the living room and had a fire started in no time. The room was heating up quickly. "Let me know if you get too cold. So, how much is a first tooth worth these days?" He looked at Lois.

"Five dollars!" Lois smiled.

Creed gasped. "Five dollars! Holy shit! How about adult teeth? Think I could get more!" He smiled.

"No! The tooth fairy is just for children! You have to keep your teeth." Lois glared and sat. She sipped her hot chocolate and giggled at Creed, he was funny. He wasn't funny to try to impress her or her dad, he was just funny. She can always tell the difference.

"Thanks for the hot chocolate, Creed. This is nice. Sorry to just drop by but I don't have your phone number and Lois wanted to see you. I wasn't trying to intrude." Haven was worried about freaking him out.

"You're fine. You can't intrude, Haven. Really. I was just thinking about Lois. I finished putting up the decorations and we are going to test them when it gets dark out and I don't have a phone." He cleared his throat.

Haven stared. What in the hell did that woman do to him? "Oh! I don't think I know anyone that doesn't have a phone!" He pulled out his cell phone. No service. "No Wifi?"