One Nightmare

It was always the same dream, one nightmare about their past. Killian tried to get rid of this dream but it lived in his brain and while he slept, it escaped.

Killian was back home. He was twenty again. In his junior year of college. He jumped two grades in school because he was smart. Creed always hated that. Creed could have done the same but he never applied himself.

They were in the same grade but two years apart. Creed was more interested in soccer and girls. Killian was a bookworm nerd. They didn't have anything in common until Creed met Megan. Damn her. Damn him.

They were both going to college but they stayed at home with their parents in Maryland to save money. Killian was happy. He was getting a double major and would have his masters in Science or Chemistry or Biology, Creed never could keep up with Killian. Killian was excited to be a teacher and was hoping to become a professor one day.

Creed didn't have a dream except for which girl he was sleeping with next. That was where Megan came in. Damned woman.

Creed sneaked her into his room while Killian was behaving. He was studying for the finals. Creed was studying Megan. Killian heard the scream. It sounded real and had his heart racing even though he wasn't sure why. His body responded in fear before his brain processed anything.

At the same time, their parents walked into the house. They were out on a date. Killian was shaking and didn't know why. Something was wrong. He could feel it. He heard a crash downstairs and heard his mom scream then there was silence.

Killian opened his door and walked to the stairs. There was blood on the handrail. What in the hell? He started down the stairs and Megan was standing in front of him. Killian had the sense to back up to the wall.

"I almost missed you!" Megan had scary eyes. They were red and mad. Hateful. She opened her mouth and Killian saw teeth. Sharp and white. Fangs. Was this a vampire? Killian knew that vampires were real at this moment because he was looking at one. She was going to kill him.

Megan pressed him to the wall and bent his head. She could hear his heart beating faster out of fear. She was a little sad that he wasn't screaming. She could taste his blood in the air.

He was hers and there was a lot of pain.

Megan screamed and fell to the floor as she released Killian. She was dead before she landed.

Creed was standing there with Megan's heart in his hand and there was more blood. Creed's eyes were glowing blue. They looked like jewels and his teeth were long.

"Bitch!" He was furious. He hadn't realized what he did yet. He looked at Killian and looked down. He dropped the heart and backed up and forgot there were stairs. He tumbled down the stairs and Killian rushed to help him.

Killian was terrified because Creed looked dead as he landed. "Creed!" His neck looked broken.

Creed opened his eyes and stood up. It was very unnatural looking. "I'm fine!"

Killian begged to differ. "What in the fuck is going on?" He heard bones cracking and snapping back into place. Creed didn't seem to be in pain though.

"I don't know but..." Creed stopped. "Where are Mom and Dad?" He looked around. He knew they were in the living room. Dead. He could smell their blood. He rushed to his father.

Killian was shaking and jumped when Creed disappeared. He looked around. "Creed?" He heard a noise and rushed to the living room. Creed was bent over their mom, helping her?

No!

"Creed! Stop!" Creed was drinking from their Mom's neck. Killian went to punch Creed and he caught Killian's fist. He turned. "No!" Killian begged.

Creed forgot who this was for a second.

"Creed. It's me! Killian, your brother! Please, don't kill me!" Killian was shaking. His mom and dad were dead and his brother was a monster. "Please!"

"Killian?" Creed remembered and released his brother's arm. "Shit! I'm so sorry!" He stood up and had tears in his eyes as he realized who this was and he didn't want to hurt this person. He looked at his hands. There was blood everywhere. He was covered. He looked at the bodies on the floor. His mom and dad! "I killed our parents!" He was a mess.

"No! You didn't. They were dead already, Creed. They were dead. Megan killed them. You didn't kill anyone yet!" Killian stared. He was in tears. "You're okay!"

Creed shook his head. "I'm not okay! This is not okay! Fuck!" He wiped his hands on his clothes to get rid of the blood. "What in the hell happened?"

Killian started with the basics. "I'm Killian, your brother. You know that, right?"

"I know who you are. I forgot for a second. I'm sorry about that, Killian. I know you. Mom and Dad. I remember Megan. I thought she was hot! She was in my room, we were in the middle of having the best sex! She was talented."

"We just got done. I was trying to get up and she bit me and didn't let go. I remember screaming. I couldn't get away and I bit her hard in self-defense and then nothing. I can't remember. The next thing I know, I'm in the hall holding her heart in my hand!" Creed was freaked out.

"I guess that kills vampires!" Killian stared. "You are a vampire, Creed!"

"What?"

"Vampire. You were just drinking Mom and Dad's blood! You are a vampire!" Killian was in tears.

Creed started to panic. "No way!"

Killian looked around. Their mom collected crucifixes. He pulled one off the mantle. "Touch this."

Creed touched it and hiss. It burned his hand. He yelled and backed away. "What in the fuck!" He watched his hand heal within seconds.

"Vampire!" Killian was frightened but tried to calm his body.