One Visit

Creed joined Killian for a drink, three of them. Everyone showered and Lois took her usual bath. Everyone smelled like smoke. Creed helped Haven with his shower. It was energy efficient. Creed felt so much more relaxed as he joined Haven in the shower. He sighed in relief.

"Damn, Haven! Connecting with you is exactly what I needed!" Creed was breathless.

Haven nodded. "Me too, Creed!" Their words turned to moans as they finished their shower.

They all sat by the fire in the living room and curled up together. Killian had a couch to himself and Creed was curled up with Haven and Lois. He actually got some sleep.

The sound of gravel woke him. "Someone's here." He mumbled it. He wasn't ready to wake up, last night was exhausting. He hadn't even opened his eyes yet and he couldn't sit up, he was covered in humans. He opened his eyes slowly.

Killian was already standing with people. The Sheriff of Big Rock, Kyle Spencer, Deputy Sheriff Greg Stills and Deputy Todd Journey. They were all there. They all knew and Creed was sure he was dead.

"Creed, sorry to wake you." Kyle Spencer was talking. "I'm the sheriff in Big Rock. Kyle Spencer. Just call me Kyle. Good morning."

Creed nodded. "Morning. Are you okay, Sir?" Kyle was one of the missing. He had been in that cave for 24 hours.

Killian sat down. He was wide awake now and listening. He was ready to protect Creed if he had to.

"I'm much better. I spent the night at the hospital with IV fluids. I'm alive thanks to you." Kyle saw everything that happened in the cave. He knew that Creed saved their lives.

"We had some questions." Kyle watched Creed. He was buried under people.

Haven stirred. "What?" His voice sounded groggy and confused. His body was draped over Creed. His head was on Creed's chest. Creed was playing with Haven's long hair.

"Sorry, Dear. These gentlemen have questions for me. Uh, I need to get up." Creed smiled at Haven. He hoped this wasn't his last morning with him.

"Oh!" Haven looked around. "Oh! Excuse me!" He sat up and pulled Lois up.

Killian stood and carried Lois to the other couch as she woke up. "Sorry, Sweetheart." He sat beside her and touched her head. She was back asleep.

"I wasn't expecting this when I knocked." Kyle smiled. "After seeing all those vampires, I figured you would be in the basement or...I don't know!"

Creed smiled. "Right. Sleeping upside down on the rafters or in a coffin. I understand. Am I being kicked out of town?" He was worried.

Kyle smiled. "There is a lot to consider. We are having a town meeting at noon tomorrow in Big Rock and one here Thursday. You are the topic of interest."

Creed nodded. "Okay. We don't have to. I will just pack up and leave. No fuss. I promise I won't harm anyone. I would never..."

Kyle laughed. "No! That isn't the topic. No one wanted to kick you out. We are talking about putting you on the force."

"What?" Killian and Creed both replied in shock.

Todd laughed. "After what we all saw in that cave, we are thinking you would make an excellent cop! Plus, if we kick you out, who will protect us? We all know that vampires are real now and people are freaking out. We have to calm them down. I know I didn't sleep at all last night!"

Creed nodded. "Okay. How's Sheriff Hornsby on this subject? He hated me before!"

Todd smiled. "He's warming up to the idea. He's watching the videos."

"What videos?" Creed stared.

Kyle smiled a little as he watched Creed holding Haven's hand. He was a different kind of vampire. "Every cop has a recorder on their person. It's part of the uniform. There are twenty different angles of what happened."

"They were copied last night and shared with both departments. We are going to use them as part of our training, with your permission and you would be in charge of training but I'm getting ahead of myself." Sheriff Kyle Spencer took a breath to calm down. "Sorry, I'm still a little freaked out."

"Understandable." Killian agreed.

"Okay. When is the meeting in Big Rock?" Creed was shocked that there was a meeting.

"Noon tomorrow but we need to debrief everyone and get a group together to go back and collect evidence and bodies." Todd sighed.

"Right. I would like to go." Creed didn't want to but he was going.

"I'm helping." Killian wasn't asking. "I'm not asking, Creed." He glared at his brother.

Haven sighed. "I'll be at my shop. Don't get killed!" He smiled at Creed as he touched his face. "Please, just be careful."

"I will. I have to get Killian back here in one piece." He smiled. Killian was glaring again.

"I'm not helpless!" Killian smiled.

"I know and I'm relieved that you listened to all my lessons!" Creed was very grateful.

Todd and Kyle watched Creed with Haven. They were curious about their relationship for sure. But that looked personal and it wasn't part of the details that they were looking at right now. Todd heard that Haven was dating Creed but that was before the whole vampire thing. Now, he had questions that weren't his business.