Arc 3.8: Hello Everyone!

That evening, we had a team dinner and a light briefing on our first mission. I sat opposite Andromeda and Alastair with Calla on my right and Lily on my left. Adrian sat opposite Calla making funny faces at her, causing her to giggle every now and then. Yu Lin An the scriptwriter, and Kinn the security team leader debriefed us on how the missions were going be. 

"You will be paired up, no, you do not get to choose and no the pairing won't be done now it will be done on camera to ensure that the viewers know that it was not rigged to cause drama. While in pairs, you will be asked to complete a set of missions. The security team will make sure nothing happens to you. You will be assigned your own mini-crews, hidden cameras attached to your shirts, trackers in case things go south, and that's all you need to know until tomorrow. Yes,... Miss Bloom, you've had your hand raised for a while now, how can I help you?"

"Will my manager and team be there with me?"

"Not during the mission. The rest of us will be here enjoying a party in honor of our youngest and cutest addition while you lot go on your mission." Yu Lin said while smiling at Calla who turned red at the praise.

There was an awkward silence as everyone resumed eating what might be our last relaxed meal if past missions were considered.

"I am off to sleep then since I do not know what tomorrow holds. Good night everyone." Kai said putting his hands in the pockets of his sweat pants and walking away. 

A chorus of "good night" followed him out. 

"I as well, will turn I everyone and pray that I am not with someone who is insufficient." Andromeda haughtily said walking away to her room.

"Once again, I am sorry for her attitude, good night everyone." Alastair said slightly bowing his head and then proceeding to chase after his sister.

"Poor guy he must do this a lot"

"Hahh... I pity him a lot. Always apologizing and cleaning up her mess."

"I know right"

"Must be a lot of work on his shoulders"

"He will bloom for sure once he gets rid of that haughty unlucky star."

"Hahaha"

"Hear, hear"

The rest of us stayed longer giving me a chance to know the rest of the crew. Yu Lin who came off as blunt and done with everyone and everything in life is indeed done with it all but has a sarcastic and dark sense of humor. Kinn who looked bulky and intimidating actually has a soft spot for children and likes to bake. How? With those chunky and thick fingers of his? I was quiet reluctant to believe him until Yu Lin showed me pictures of him baking and decorating macaroons. Calla was instantly sold and wanted to bring him home with us. Which led us to finding out that Yu Lin and Kinn are in a relationship, for five years now. This line of conversation ended with Adrian and I deciding to go to bed since we have a mission tomorrow. Julia also put Calla to bed since it was way past her bedtime.

I lay in bed listening to the sounds of outside as the crew packs up and clean up the mess we made. Nature seeps in with the calling sounds of crickets, cicadas, and birds and the rustling of leaves in the dance of winds along with the occasional howls of wolves. 

'Baobao can you hear me? You've been gone for a while now... Is everything alright?'

My concerns were met with silence.

'Baobao... Baobao... are you there... hey... Baobao... are yo-'

'Beep... beep... beep... beep... I am not agent 009, I am here to let you know that there was an emergency meeting so agent 009 will be unavailable for sometime. I will be his substitute until he comes back. You will have access to the store however, I can't intervene in your mission in the way agent 009 usually does. I hope you understand.' A monotone voice says. 

'Okay, do you have a rough idea of when Baobao will be back?" 

'Agent 009's return is above my purview. I hope you understand'

'What is you name then?'

'That's above your purview. I hope you understand'

'Well, let me know when he is back.'

'Then I will be going to sleep. Use code word "baobao" to grab my attention'

'Bye beep beep bitch'

Well that was eventful, it means I am going to be blind in this world, at least I have access to the shop, even though I will have low points it is worth it. I should probably sleep as tomorrow is going to be a long day. 

.

.

Hello mon sweets! 3rd day into this amazing year and I am thriving in my new environment. 4 years has taught me what a toxic relationship looks like and why you should run before you are stuck. Thank you for reading this web novel even if the author, me, is a lazy, procrastinating lil lady. I am glad you are still here enjoying the worlds I am creating. This chapter has no music because I didn't know what to put. My playlist is running dry from nice songs so please recommend me some from yours. Me dawase.