2.20: Matenapped

Bye, bye, never say goodbye

Even though it's not me by your side

I need you , I just can't say it but I want you

I cannot stop wishing for you

- Kim Hyun Joong (Because I am Stupid)

"Ahhhhh! Help! No please!... Help me ... Our lu...na help... me" Lily screamed as she crawled her way to the pack house. Draconis immediately senses something is wrong since he could not contact Vera through the mind link and their bond was dulling the longer Lily heaved.

"Where is she?" Draconis deranged from both shock and fear.

"Calm down... everything is going to be okay" Emilla said to ease the fear that was clouding Draconis' senses. She could feel the sanity of Draconis slipping by as Dittany wants to take control and find Vera by all means.

"How can I calm down when my mate is far from safe? I promised her and her family that I will protect her with my life... and I failed... it has not even been a month and I failed... I failed as her mate... as her protector... I failed her... I failed her... I did..." Draconis said as Emilla knocked Draconis out in order to prevent Dittany from running rampant in search of Vera.

Emilla took charge for the night and sent pack warriors to check around to see if they could find a trace in order to track Vera's whereabouts. She made sure that Lily told them everything she and Vera encountered in order to find Vera. After sending every pack member home Emilla, Coddy, and Ellison went to Draconis' office to plan how to rescue Vera.

"Don't you think it is weird that Lily was left behind? Not that I am glad she is alive and safe but why didn't they take her? From my perspective, if I was a rogue, I would capture but the former and present queen for more leverage. I mean I get the whole, let one go to tell the trick idea but they could have just left the scents and sent a letter later and we would have still gotten the whole gig. I can't help but feel that something is very off and wrong in this whole situation" Emilla ranted the minute the door closed.

"I agree with you, I can't help but feel that Lily is connected to Vera going missing." Coddy said while nodding his head 

"Me too. For now let's just pretend that we believe every bullshit story she feeds us and lets keep our trusted guards around her for her own "protection". I hope to solve this before Draconis loses his mind. He has really been through a lot." Ellison said as he called for the most trusted pack warriors.

"From now on you will protect former queen Lily and secretly report her every actions to me. Am I understood?"

"Yes Gamma Ellison" They replied in unison.

"Okay good. Off you go." Ellison said as he turned to face Emilla and Coddy

"I hope Vera is safe and sound where ever she is and that the Moon Goddess protects her from anything that may cause her harm and cause sorrow to Draconis" Emilla said as they all headed for their rooms each person hoping that their Luna stays safe for their pack's sake and Draconis' sanity.

The morning at Royal pack was a sorry affair. Every pack member looked as if they have being drained and had no will to live anymore. They felt that they were incompetent because they failed to protect their Luna. 

Emilla decided after a long discussion (more like an argument) to contact Crimson Moon Pack. Let's just say that Emilla had a hard time helping Alpha Makoto calm down than relaying the news. 

Emilla woke Draconis up forced him to eat and knocked him unconscious again with the help of her mate, Fjord, Coddy, and Ellison. 

Mason, Aidaen, Arisa, and Allysia arrived at the Royal pack within 5 hours after hearing the news of Vera's kidnapping from Emilla. They left the Gamma in charge of the pack and although Penelope insisted from coming with them Alpha Makoto refused vehemently because they were going to a war zone and they didn't want her to get hurt.

Alpha Makoto stormed in angry and frustrated that Vera was able to get within a short period of time after leaving the pack. Unfortunately, Draconis was awake at that time so Alpha Makoto said a bunch of hurtful words to him and even tried to maul him. It took Odyssey and Coddy to hold him back and Arisa, his mate, to calm him down. Draconis accepted all of this with no resistance and looked like a lifeless doll. After Alpha Makoto was done with his tirade he saw how worried and sorry looking Draconis was and felt guilty, after all it's not his fault that someone took his mate away.

"I am sorry about what happened a second ago but in my defense you deserved it. You didn't even have the audacity to call her family and tell them that she has been kidnapped. Now I understand the pain of losing a mate so I understand why you didn't call us...  I am contradicting myself aren't I?" Alpha Makoto said while shaking his head. Arisa hugged him and told him that they could fix this together.

Draconis gathered his wits and decided to track down Vera using the mate bond because although it was faint it still there. A pack warrior came into the room as they were planning on different ways to safe get Vera from her kidnappers. 

"Alpha this letter was found on the pack grounds by one of the orphans." The pack warrior said while handing the letter to Draconis .

"Meet you tonight at the north of your pack border. Don't worry you can bring EVERYONE. Ciao Lily. PS: Ai, I see you got yourself a new mate... Lucky!" Draconis read out loud with horror clouding his face.

Odyssey looked lost and hurt. The person he had trusted and thought he knew wasn't who she said she was. She was no weak omega struggling to fend for herself after her mate rejected her, NO! She was a poisonous ivy slowly climbing her way to destroy his son's life but why... Why did she chose do such harm to his son ho has treated with nothing but kindness?.

Alpha Makoto was not in a good shape either. How did she know the pet name his first mate had given him unless she was his Lily... His Lily that had died in the rogue attack... but why would she pretend to be dead all this time.

Arisa the most gobsmacked one in the room but had a voice said while looking at Alpha Makoto with pity and possessiveness, "Is she the Lily... your know... your former mate... ex-mate... dead mate...?"

"I-I... I think so" Alpha Makoto answered in a voice so little it would not have been heard if not for them being werewolves.

"Dad... it is not your fault that all of this happened she has obviously being playing this game for a long time. But! I am going to meet her and beat her at her own game but how?" Draconis said with determination and hopelessness.

"First of all we need to move the women and children to the other save bunker than since she might know the one that all the pack members know. Pack warriors should watch all pack borders not just the north border but send more pack warriors to the north border. Any other concerns." Arisa said while looking around the rooms

"We will do that" Emilla said while instructing the pack warrior to gather every woman and child.

"Tonight we hunt!" Draconis said with certainty... or delusion about who is being hunted but we will know tonight.

.

.

.

Hello, Author-sama desu! I am sorry for not updating the novel for a long time (almost 2 months now). I have been busy with emm... life.  I am thankful to all the new followers I got and all the people to commented even though I did not have the time to reply. I will try my best to do so. I have a schedule that I wan to put in place, 1) I could go into hiatus for 3 months, 2) I could update once on Friday of every two weeks, or 3) I could update short versions of the novel on the Friday of every week. So comment on which one you will like me to do and I will do so depending on the majority of the votes. The voting closes on October 31st. Grazie