1.8 Just Let Me Love You

Sometimes love knocks on the doors

Of our hearts we either

Open them or ignore it altogether

But it in end we learn to love ourselves first

- Author-sama

Yi Chen opened the door only to see an elderly couple standing together who introduced themselves as Mr and Mrs Bai, but she saw two familiar silhouettes behind them, she thought it was an illusion so she proceeded to invite them inside the mansion. It was at that moment that she noticed that it was not an illusion but Bai He Jiang and Li Ru Xian!

Her shocked expression caused the elderly couple to laugh and Yi Chen to blush out of embarrassment while looking dazedly at Bai He Jiang. Li Ru Xian calmly made his way into the mansion like nothing had happened and stood next to Ah Shen making him fidget and blush. The Bai couple looked at how their son, Bai He Jiang, who hated the attention of women because of a childhood incident which traumatized him, look at Yi Chen with warmth and mirth making the couple thing of ways and means to bring Yi Chen into their family. (Author-sama: Why does everyone keep stealing my job! Wuu...)

Yi Chen got over the fact that He Jiang was in front of her home and welcomed him inside. She asked everyone to pardon her behaviour because she was surprised, she was given kind smiles by the elderly couple who now see her as their daughter and liked her attitude so far, this action drove Shi He to madness because she wanted to make connections with the couple and the company they came with.

Baobao: [Becareful host female lead blackening at 50% and congratulations parents goodwill is at 45%. Also, you just gained 20% affection from the elderly couple and 30% happiness from both Ah Shen and Li Ru Xian. I, unfortunately, have no information on Bai He Jiang.] Baobao lied about Bai He Jiang situation mainly because he wanted his ship to sail in order to increase his pile of smut.

'How did the female lead blackening just jump like that I didn't even do anything. And what is with the affection from the Bai couple I didn't even try to impress them yet so why? Not that I care the earlier I finish my missions the earlier I get home.' They all went to the dining table to begin their dinner night. Shi He sat between Lingxin and Li Ru Xian because she wanted to get close to Ru Xian, poor her if only she knew how much he loved Ah Shen. Ah Shen sat opposite of Ru Xian and the right of Yi Chen, He Jiang sat on the left of Yi Chen, both Mr Bai and Mr Feng sat at the heads of the table showing their equal dominance in their families with their wives on the left side.

The dinner started with a prayer after that maids dished everyone's food choice for them. While having dinner Yi Chen started removing the shells of the lobster and putting the meat inside of it on He Jiang's plate. At first, He Jiang was surprised as was everyone at the table so they all glanced at Yi Chen only to see that she was subconsciously doing it. He Jiang smile a heartwarming smile while reminiscing how he once told Yi Chen at lunch how much he hated taking the shells off the lobster to get the meat but he loved the tender meat so he unceremoniously took the challenge. Yi Chen who was still removing the meat of the lobster paused when she felt all eyes on her, she blushed when she saw the situation that she was in. She fidgetted when she saw the way He Jiang looked at her she was scared because he always managed to crumble all of her walls with just one look.

The dinner proceeded as if the incident a minute ago was just an illusion, after dinner, the maids cleared the table and served dessert, the small talk then began. "So, young lady may I know your name?" Madam Bai asked politely like Yi Chen was a baby she wanted to coax. "Em...My name is Feng Yi Chen..." Yi Chen answered while fiddling with her dessert fork. "Would you mind if I called you Chen'er?" Madam Bai asked while staring at Yi Chen, "No! I-I-I m-mean only He Jiang calls me that. I'm sorry if I sound rude but I'll love to keep it that way but you can always call me Chenchen" Yi Chen replied, mortified by her own answer she excused herself and went to the restroom to calm down.

Everyone at the table was shocked by Yi Chen's outburst, Mr Feng then turned to He Jiang and said "I'll like you to take responsibility for what just happened, don't you agree Mr Bai" Mr and Mrs Bai just nodded their heads while smiling at the little effort they put in to be able to have this opportunity for their apathetic son. "Mr Feng, if you do not mind may I go and chat with Yi Chen, I do believe we have something to discuss," He Jiang asked while rubbing his clammy hands under the table from everyone's line of sight. "Okay, but hurt her and I will make sure you'll never see the light of day, no offence Mr and Mrs Bai," Mr Feng said while Madam Feng nodded in agreement. "None taken, we will even help you if it comes to that" Mr Bai replied while smirking because he knew his son all too well, after all, he used to be that way too.

He Jiang walked upstairs to confront Yi Chen but the dinner still went on. (Author-sama: Let the yaoi begin) Ah Shen signed for the nth time he hated the way Shi He was looking Ru Xian and wanted nothing more than to gouge her eyes out. Ru Xian noticing Ah Shen jealousy was happy and rewarded him with a macaroon Ah Shen ate it graciously while blushing like an idiot. Shi He got annoyed and asked a question which made her first impressions to the Bai's unacceptable. "Are you and Ah Shen dating" Shi He asked while looking coyly at Ru Xian, "No, not yet but I plan on making him mine one day" Ru Xian answered but that was not all he wanted to say. This was what he wanted to say " I want him to be mine so that I make him breathless under me as I pin him to the mattress and have my way with him while he moans my name like a form of worship," but he, unfortunately, didn't want to scare Ah Shen away. But both Mr and Mrs Bai and Mr and Mrs Feng immediately knew his heart desires when they saw the way he stared at Ah Shen. Although, this situation was solved with precision Mr and Mrs Bai was displeased by Shi He's attitude even Lingxin started watering his seed of doubt and looked at Shi He with suspicion.

Shi He being the white lotus flower that she is changed her attitude and flashed Lingxin a smile that melted all his insecurities. Internally Shi He gritted her teeth while cursing Yi Chen for bringing Ah Shen and Ru Xian together.

*Knock knock* "Yi Chen can we talk," He Jiang asked Yi Chen at the other side of the door. "We have nothing to talk about my words earlier were a mistake I will go and fix it" He Jiang who had had enough of this merry-go-round game opened the door to the restroom with the keys he got from her father. "W-W-What are you do - h-h-how are you able to come inside," Yi Chen asked while moving backwards as if He Jiang was a contagious disease. "I always wanted to tell you this when we first meet, you were like the sun after my cloudy days. I was always happy around you, I love the sweet side of you like the way your eyes sparkled when you looked at Ah Shen and Ru Xian together and your fierce side like the day that you threatened Chu An, so please don't push me away. Whenever you do that my heart hurts. I don't know the reason why you are pushing me away but no matter what just know that I love you and that in the future you learn to love me too because I will wait no matter how long it takes."

Yi Chen by now was a sobbing mess not long ago she came into this world she thought she will be alone because she was in a foreign world never did she think that she will fall in love. She was scared and happy at the same time, she was scared because she fell in love with a character in another world what if the time came for her to go what will she do? He is nothing but a fictional piece of this world - a batch of data why did he have to make her fall in love with him? He was just being unfair. "I-I-I am very scared right now please give me time to think about it p-please..." She sounded so desperate that He Jiang kissed her on the forehead saying he was there whenever she needed him. After He Jiang left the restroom Yi Chen slid down the door after she closed it while He Jiang just stared at the closed door and murmured "Why don't you just let me love you..."

.

.

.

Hello, my lovelies this is Author-sama here like I said I have been sick this whole week and I am sorry for the late update but I hope you enjoy this chapter. I may or may not update tomorrow depending on how fast the ideas for this novel passes through my head. Anywho have a good night and don't forget to vote, comment and follow.