1.9 What Are Worth?

People are like a two-sided coin

They can either make you feel;

Better or Bitter

Happy or Unhappy

Worthy or Unworthy 

Positive or Negative

But deep down you are just 

The reflection of their innermost self

- Author-sama (A comforting word to the childhood me)

.

.

.

The dinner confrontation with He Jiang left a nasty pain in Yi Chen heart, she felt a mixture of positive and negative emotions. It felt like someone was playing soothing music mixed with metal band and K-pop in it, it was all confusing and Baobao was not even helping her current predicament with his noisy chattering in her head.

Baobao: [Chen'er, I know you are scared but this could help you finish the mission 'and give me more material' (but Baobao would not dare say that part)]

'Then I would do what I can do after all I have to complete 4 out of 5 missions do not give me that crap that I need love to finish my missions, Baobao!'

Yi Chen and baobao argued back and forth until Yi Chen heard a knock on the door. ' Who the hell can it be can they not sense that I am in the process of making an important decision now, huh!' Yi Chen opened the door just to see Shi He behind the door with a coy expression on her face. 'Wow! Of all the time we could have had a battle of tongues she chooses this moment. Way to make me more pissed.' 

"Elder Sister Chen, can you introduce me to your friend Li Ru Xian" Shi He said this while curling her hair around her fingers. 

'*Clap, clap, clap* I give you a round of applause if not for me already knowing your schemes I would have fallen for this but today doesn't seem to be your lucky day. Because you failed at direct confrontation you want to use me as a bridge to help you defeat me. How dumb do you think I am?'

"Little Shi He, this elder sister doesn't know him that well either, so I can't just tell him that. I am sorry but I cannot help you out" Yi Chen answered with an equally coy face after all it takes two to tango. 

All this while Shi He didn't know that the male lead, Lingxin was right behind the pillar that leads you towards the steps but Yi Chen knew because Baobao was quick enough to tell her. To make the seed of doubt in Lingxin sprout in his mind Yi Chen asked the questions that she knows has been bothering Lingxin. 

"Why you want to know him? Do you like him? But I thought you had Lingxin?" Yi Chen asked while pouting to make it seem like she felt wronged that she lost something just for it to be played with by Shi He

Either from embarrassment or anger, Shi He blushed while stuttering and shedding tears just to gain Yi Chen's pity, but it didn't work. "E-e-elder S-sister Yi Chen, it is not like that I just want to be friends with him" If Shi He thought giving this answer would make Yi Chen get off her back then she got lied to because her reply caused Yi Chen to become more savage.

"If you really want to become his friend then let it happen naturally, let him approach you instead if you approaching him, this is what mother thought us to do since we were kids because that's what ladies do" Yi Chen's remark was like a message to Lingxin saying 'I am a lady so I waited for you to make the first move instead of Shi He who threw herself at you. Look, she is going to do it to another male'

Lingxin hearing enough decided to come out of hiding and approach them, Yi Chen acted surprised though she knew he was there the whole duration of their conversation while Shi He looked like she had been bullied. Lingxin held Shi He's wrist and excused themselves from her presence, Yi Chen with nothing to do went back to thinking about her current situation and came up with two options, one; forget about falling in love and do the mission on her own or two; fall in love and get her heart broken. Shi He after being pulled by Lingxin to her room was able to convince Lingxin with her body and her white lotus flower attitude.

The Bai's excused themselves from their house after the dinner and the small talks had seized after He Jiang descended the stairs looking like a kicked puppy. Ru Xian volunteered to drop Anh Ling off while the Bai's just went home to think of ways to connect Yi Chen and He Jiang. That night everybody slept with an agenda in their minds; Yi Chen contemplating with she should give it a go with He Jiang or not, Ru Xian thinking of a way to woo Anh Ling, He Jiang asking himself where he went wrong, Anh Ling sorting out her feelings, Lingxin still having a seedling of doubt in his heart, Shi He scheming in her mind ways to destroy Yi Chen and their parents are thinking of a way to help Yi Chen and He Jiang connect without an arranged marriage.

 The weekdays passed with Yi Chen constantly avoiding He Jiang like a plaque, Ru Xian wooing Anh Ling with his antics, Lingxin contemplating if he chose the right girl, and Shi He preparing her plan to ruin Yi Chen during the charity ball.

 "Are you the gangsters I hired on the dark web who will do whatever I say as long as I pay you?" 

"Yes, Ma'am, so what do you want done and how much are you willing to pay?" 

"If you do not mind I'll like to meet up to discuss a deal, which day will you be able to meet up for our transactions? The sooner the better." 

"Miss, we are ready when you are is tomorrow morning a good time?" 

"Of Course! It is actually a perfect time. Meet me at Momo's Cafe. I will be in a white dress with brown hair" 

With that, Shi He ended the call with the gangsters and smiled thinking of how Yi Chen will be disgraced. Unbeknownst to her Yi Chen was listening and watching her actions with the help of Baobao who bugged her room on the first day she arrived in this world. 'Baobao, since this female lead has prepared this much shouldn't we also prepare?' Yi Chen said to Baobao with a taunting smile gracing her lips.

Baobao: [Y-y-yes Host, whatever you say is right.] Baobao responded while shivering from fright and thinking about what deed he did to get such a crazy host

'Let's wait to hear what her plans are to counterattack it after all this panicking female lead can change her plans from when she was thinking more clearly'

Baobao: [Ok, Chen'er]

.

.

.

Hello, my lovelies I am sorry that I was unable to update yesterday because of my personal reasons but though today was such an uneventful day, I managed to update this chapter I hope you enjoy it. From your lovely writer, Author-sama.