Arc 3.9: First Mission

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Wee woo! Wee woo! Wee woo! Wee woo! Wee woo!

I wake up with a jolt to hear someone saying, "Wake up suckers! It's time for your first mission! Oh I love my job! WAKE UP! You have ten minutes to be here at the training grounds! If you are late, even by a second, you will have a punishment awaiting you! See ya!"

After that statement, I jump out of my bed and scramble to get dressed into khaki shorts and a blue shirt. I put on sunscreen and tie a purple jacket around my waist. I take my 32oz tumbler and open my door to go outside. I look at my clock on my way out and it reads 5:23am. Are you kidding me! Which psychopath this was an ideal time to start a mission. 

I ran to the common grounds and ran into Lily who is dressed in a similar fashion as I am. We smile at each other and continue to sprint. We make it to the training grounds panting and laughing at each other as Kai casually walks in with a breathless Adrian behind him.

"I had a felling this will happen so I got dressed before going to bed last night." Kai says as we nod in understanding of his "I don't care" attitude.

As the high and fear of not making it one time wore off, I realized that I was being followed by a crew, we all were. I awkwardly wave at them and proceed to hide my blushing face in the palms of my hands. Lily rubs my back in understanding. As we sit in apprehension and silence as everyone is trying to figure out the mission, Alastair runs in and scans the area for his sister. Adrian breaks the silence.

"She is not here yet."

"It's almost time." He looks back and tries to go out but the crew bars him telling him that, that is against the rules. 

He sits next to Kai, wringing his fingers with his face contorted in worry. He really is a caring sibling because if Andromeda was my sister, she would have disliked me for my pettiness. Ten minutes pass by the time allotted and "Miss Haughty Andromeda" comes strutting in with high heels, dressed in a long pink lace skirt with a baby blue crop-top. We all look at her in shock as she continues to walk towards us. She preens at the attention not realizing that our shock is due to her choice of clothing not her beauty. Who wears RUDE and AMORE, two named brands known as a high fashion wear for a mission in a potential forest.

"Andie... I don't think this outfit is a good idea for the mission" Alastair says recovering from his shock. All of us nod in agreeance. 

"I will be fine plus, what can go wrong in these" she twirls and sits down in next to him.

"Everything!" Alastair and Yu Lin say in unison.

"Miss Andromeda, you are already late so it would not affect my judgement on who receives the punishment so please go change into something similar to Dahlia and Lily."

"But I do-"

"For the love of all that is sweet and spicy! Do not, interrupt me! We have your size as well as everyone's size in the dressing room, if you failed to pack an appropriate clothing. Lulu will guide you there." Yu Lin says in exasperation.

Andromeda follows Lulu who was trying to cheer her up by complimenting her about her beauty. Andromeda looses her cool and snaps at her causing Lulu to go quiet.

"Okay, we will wait until "Miss Continentality" comes back so that I can tell you how it is going to go down for your first mission."

Andromeda comes back with Lulu on her heels and sits next to Alastair who looks at her with an encouraging smile. He is a really great sibling. 

"Now that we are all here, I will tell you the next step to completing the mission. By the way, everything is broadcasted live, unlike last year where it was recorded, edited and submitted for viewing. Let that sink in." Yu Lin says smiling at us like a cat who has got the cream.

"Everything you do in the common area, training ground, cafeteria, breakroom, anywhere else but your bedrooms can be seen by the viewers during mission time. Mission time is between whatever time I feel like it and 5pm since we need to unwind and eat dinner. So yes, everything that just happened was recorded." He continues flashing Andromeda a toothy grin reminding me of the cashmere cat.

"For today's mission, we are starting off easy. We are, pardon me, you are going to go off in pairs on a treasure hunt. Aren't you excited?! Many things are hidden in the forest around us, the portions accessible for the treasure hunt are secured and cleared from any dangerous animals, excluding spiders. Surveillance cameras, emergency sirens and speakers are placed in every part of the forest for your safety. Whenever an item is found it will be announced loudly on the speakers around you in the forest. There is a total of 30 objects hidden in the forest that has been sectioned off. You and your partner get to choose a section to go for your treasure hunt. Every object has a value that is assigned to it. The team that finds the most objects wins. Any questions?

"What does the assigned value mean?" Kai asked the question that puzzled us all.

"That's a secret~" Yu Lin said in a sing song voice. 

Glancing at all of us, Yu Lin smirked and continued, " Team mates will be chosen according to who got to the training ground first. Lily you came first so you will pull a stick from the black box and keep the color you pulled to yourself. Dahlia will follow, then Kai, then Adrian, followed by Alastair and, then our prima donna, Andromeda. Ready, here you go."

After everyone pulled out a stick Yu Lin continued, " Now, find the person with the same colored stick and that's your partner."

Lily walks up to me and says, "You are a transmigrator right!"

Brought to you by Subyay and Taquito hut

.

.

.

.

Hahahaha... The last part is a joke please don't take it seriously! Lily did not say that! I am just releasing my frustration because I was watching a kdrama and it ended at a cliffhanger so I figured y'all get to suffer too. You know, cause misery loves company... Anywho, enjoy the chapter mon sweets. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me.