2.13: King of the Werewolves

Hello,... Nice to meet you

I am Ver-Mate! Mine!

What the heavenly cheek puffs is this?

Dear Moon Goddess, if this is a joke I'll skin you alive

And then sell you online for $0.05.

Why! Why another mate?

- Vera Ope Vanclaeran

.

.

After the pack run, everyone returned to their own homes, Vera was more than everyone else because this was her first pack run. In her former pack, omegas were excluded from pack runs hence Vera has never experienced it before. 

The next morning after the pack run every pack member was present to eat breakfast together. They shared their happiness from yesternight and welcomed Vera with open arms into the pack and made her feel like she is a part of them. Breakfast was going perfectly as a comfortable silence surrounded the whole pack as they ate that was until Alpha Makoto thought it would be a great idea to disrupt it. Alpha Makoto clings his glass to get everyone's attention and once he does he says, "I will like to welcome you again Vera, to Crimson Moon Pack," he pauses as every pack member gives Vera a round of applause.

"I have decided to give you, Vera, a personal training with hand to hand combat and other fighting skills since you have the aptitude for it, we will start tomorrow so get as rest as you want today because you will be waking up at 4am to start your training." Alpha Makoto raised his palm in a pause motion and silenced Vera's complains. 

He continued with the announcement, "I want to inform each and every one of you that our pack now has the honor of hosting the annual Royal Ball and so I want every pack member to put in their quota and help make this year's Royal Ball to be the most magnificent ball to ever happen in history. I hope I can count on you." Immediately Alpha Makoto finished saying his announcement he was greeted with "Yes Alpha!" from every pack member.

"Ok," Alpha Makoto continued and decided to assign people for specific posts, "Beta Brigdehart and his mate Allysia are in charge of contacting far and nearby packs to see to it that they know the date and venue for the annual Royal Ball. Delta Ranewood and his mate Lilia are in charge of decorating the pack for the Royal Ball while Gamma Smith and his mate Darla are in charge of food and assortments. The leader of the pack fighters Willow and the pack doctor Arisa are in charge of security and health. Then finally Vera you are in charge of looking after the children from our packs and other packs. Everyone can join to help the people I put in charge but never to go against them or else there will be repercussions. Now enjoy the breakfast and then get to work because the ball is a month from now."

Immediately Alpha Makoto finished his speech, Vera bombarded him with questions about his sanity. "Why will you put me, an unstable werewolf and person who recently got rejected by her mate in charge of a bunch of kids? Do you know what will happen if one of those little angels decide to ask me a question about mates and it sets of wolf off? Total chaos and bloodshed! That's what will happen and none of them will be able to protect themselves. So please put someone who is more capable in charge, not a time bomb like myself."

Alpha Makoto looked at her and told her after she finished her rant and told her, "I didn't put you in charge without knowing what will happen in such a situation. If it ever happens you wolf will not harm any child but became possessive and protective. I know that from what happened to Penelope, you protected her like she was your own pup and for that I know you are the perfect person for this spot. And plus you need the distraction." Alpha Makoto finished saying as he popped a grape into his mouth.