a new house guest

Today was the day that Jackie Howard was moving in with the Walter family

Today was the day that Jackie Howard was moving in with the Walter family. They had known about this for a while, but today was the day it was finally happening. Moon was happy to have a girl that is her age in the house but she felt sympathy for the situation that Jackie is in. Six months ago, Jackie's mom, dad and sister all died in a car crash. Moon knew what it was like to lose a part of your family so she was hoping she'd be able to help Jackie... well if Jackie wanted her to help. "Thank God, Will and Moon are here" Katherine says, ending her call, looking at her eldest son and family friend "Jackie, this is Will and Moon. Will and Moon, this is Jackie. Will is our oldest and he is the best. Moon is Alex's friend who has been living with us for the past year."

"Jackie, welcome" Will says, shaking Jackie's hand.

"Hi" Jackie says to Will with a smile before Moon pulls the girl into a hug.

"Thank God you're here" Moon says with a smile, pulling out of the hug "I'm so happy to have another girl who is over the age of then and under the age of thirty" She says, noticing Jackie looking overwhelmed "I'm sorry, I'm a hugger."

"It's okay" Jackie says with a small smile "Katherine told me about you in the car."

"All good things?" Moon asks, which makes Jackie nod her head.

"I have to go to the clinic" Katherine tells Moon and Will "So can you two take over and get Jackie all settled in? She's already met um... Danny, Isaac, Alex and um..."

"Benny" Jackie says to Katherine.

"Benny. Yes" Katherine says with a smile before sighing "I cannot believe I'm being called in right now."

"In advance, I'm sorry about all of the boys, apart from Will" Moon tells Jackie "Just to pre-warn you, they can be a lot sometimes. They're all lovely once you get to know them though, especially Nathan and Danny. But if you have any problems with them at all just tell me and I will tell them where to go. They listen to me... sometimes."

"Thank you" Jackie says with a smile. Jackie was very worried about moving here, but somehow Moon was making her feel comfortable; probably her awkward rambling eased her nerves a bit.

"Jackie, I'm so sorry" Katherine says, with genuine sympathy in her voice "I promise I'll be back as soon as I possibly can."

"Don't worry" Jackie says with a genuine smile "Hope the dog's okay."

"Thank you" Katherine tells the teenage girl before leaving the house.

"And, hey, Jackie" George says, walking over to the three "I'm always around here somewhere. If you need anything, call me, okay? I gotta get out to the orchard" He says before leaving the house, leaving Jackie with Moon and Will.

"Uncle George, wait for me" Lee says, following George on his skateboard "Hey Moon" Lee calls to Moon. While Lee and Moon aren't as close as Moon is with some of the others, they do get along very well. Lee likes how Moon treats his brother, meaning that Moon is in his good books.

"That's Lee, you'll always see him on his skateboard in here" Moon says "It'll probably take a while for you to warm up to him but once you do, you'll love him."

"He's a Tony Hawk wannabe" Will adds onto Moon's description.

"We've met" Jackie says, rolling her eyes a little. She didn't want to seem rude, but it was just a lot for her to take in, especially with what she is going through.

"Let's go and meet the others, shall we?" Moon asks with a smile as Will leads them upstairs to see Nathan sat on the floor, playing his guitar.

"Nathan" Will says, knocking on the door "This is Jackie."

"Hi. It's nice to finally meet you" Nathan says as he stands up and shakes Jackie's hand.

"Thanks, you too" Jackie says with a smile.

"How's the song getting along?" Moon asks Nathan. The two share a love of writing songs, and sometimes they write some songs together. It's their own special hobby they have together.

"It's going" Nathan says with a small sigh "Could you check it over later?"

"Yeah, just drop it in my room" Moon says with a smile before she follows Will and Jackie out of the room to the back garden.

"I'm hard of hearing, so if I'm not looking at you or there's a lot of background noise, I won't understand. Just FYI" Will tells Jackie. Will has been wearing hearing aids for a long time now, so the family has gotten used to repeating themselves to Will, which is obviously not his fault at all.

"Okay, thank you" Jackie says with a smile.

"Hey, everyone, this is Jackie" Will yells to the others which are outside, which is Jordan, Benny, Parker and Cole.

"Hello" Jackie says with an awkward wave to them.

"So, the girl is Parker, the one with the camera is Jordan, you've already met Benny" Moon tells Jackie "And where's..." Moon goes to say, but then she sees Jackie staring at Cole getting out of the pool "Oh, yeah, that's Cole."

"Wanna introduce yourself?" Will shouts over to Cole.

"She'll figure it out" Cole says back to Will, making Will look a little annoyed, while Jackie just keeps looking at him.

"I wouldn't go there if I was you" Moon whispers to Jackie, making her take her eyes off of Cole "Just trust me on that one" She says, making Jackie look confused as Jordan runs over to film the family's newest member.

"Um, hi" Jackie says, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Jordan, aspiring film director" Will says to Jackie.

"Jordan, why don't you go and film Isaac losing at his video game, yeah?" Moon says to Jordan "You know how he gets when he loses."

"Oh yeah, thanks Moon" Jordan says to Moon with a smile before running into the house.

TIME SKIP BY MOON AND JACKIE BECOMING BEST FRIENDS

After Will showed Jackie to her new room, which she is sharing with Moon, the two girls were left by themselves "So, how come you've been living here?" Jackie asks, not knowing what else to talk about.

"My dad isn't a great person" Moon says with a frown "So, when Alex told Katherine about what was going on at home, she filed to get custody of me. It was a lot of months in court, but everything worked out in the end."

"I'm sorry" Jackie says with a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry about your situation too" Moon says, sitting on her bed, facing Jackie "I've been through what you're going through first hand, so if you ever want to talk, I'm always here."

"How did you get through it all?" Jackie asks "I just feel like I'm stuck in this numbness, you know. Like I'm not happy but I'm not depressed. I'm just nothing."

"You want the honest truth?" Moon asks, which makes Jackie nod her head "You don't really get through it. There's times where you feel like you have gotten through it, then there's times where you feel like you haven't. My sister died when I was eleven and there is still some times where I just want to lie in bed and cry because I miss her so much, but you've just got to learn how to get on your life without them, you know. But if you're in the situation where you're not doing good, the best thing to do is have someone there for you, and you have me for that. So if you you ever need anything, I'm always here."

"Thank you, Moon" Jackie says with a small smile "It means a lot."

"Hey, we're roomies now, we gotta stick together" Moon says with a smile "Now, let's get you unpacked, shall we?"

1309 Words