thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. A day to spend with your family. A day that reminds Moon that her mom left, her sister is dead and her dad is in prison. A day that Moon doesn't like. Yes, she is thankful for the Walter's, but Thanksgiving has never been the same for her since her sister, Starr died. So, every Thanksgiving, Moon sleeps in until dinner, then has food, plays a few games with the family and then goes back to bed. Katherine knows that Moon isn't a fan of Thanksgiving, so she is lenient on forcing Moon to do things. As long as Moon comes down for dinner, then she's okay. "Who is that?" Moon asks as she walks down the stairs, seeing a man that she doesn't recognise.

"This is Richard, Jackie's uncle" George tells Moon.

"Nice to meet you" Moon says with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you too" Richard says to Moon before looking at Katherine "Is this another child of yours?"

"No, Moon is Alex's friend" Katherine tells Richard "She's going through some family troubles, so she's living with us now. Has been for the past year."

"I'm very sorry about that" Richard sympathetically tells Moon, who just nods her head in response as Lee storms into the kitchen, going straight to the fridge and getting a bottle of wine.

"Mom, Lee's drinking wine" Jordan says, making George walk over to Lee.

"Lee, what are you doing, buddy?" George asks his nephew.

"We're allowed to drink wine on special occasions" Lee states to George.

"No, that is absolutely not true" Katherine tells Lee "Why don't you drink this?" Katherine tells Lee, handing him a bottle of Coca-Cola.

"Let me guess, the call didn't go great?" Moon asks Lee. Isaac and Lee were supposed to be on a call with their dad today, which Lee was very excited for. Both of the Garcia boys misses their dad, but Lee shows it a lot more than Isaac does.

"Ask your boyfriend" Lee snaps. Immediately after seeing the look on Moon's face, he regretted being so harsh to Moon. Yes, he was annoyed that Isaac ended the call and yes he was annoying that his dad didn't join the call, but he still should have known not to take it out on Moon, especially when he knows that today is bad for her already "I'm sorry, Moon, it's just..." Lee goes to say with a sigh.

"It's okay, I get it" Moon says with a sympathetic smile "I'll go and talk to Isaac about it" Moon says walking upstairs to the office, to see Isaac sat on the chair "So I heard from Lee that the call didn't go great."

"What call?" Isaac asks, which makes Moon look confused "Dad didn't answer after ten minutes so I just ended it. Better than waiting around for him to not answer."

"I'm sure he was busy or something" Moon says, trying to lift Isaac's spirits "He might call tomorrow."

"Can we please just not talk about it?" Isaac asks, looking up at Moon. Isaac didn't want to show it, but he was upset that his dad didn't come on the call, but just by looking in Isaac's eyes, Moon could tell he was upset.