hanging out with isaac

Moon and Isaac had been weird around each other ever since Moon had rejected Isaac

Moon and Isaac had been weird around each other ever since Moon had rejected Isaac. Moon was being weird around him because she was scared that if she was around Isaac, she would cave and let him get her with zero effort. Moon wanted him to put in the effort to get her to be his girlfriend; to show that he cares. Isaac was being weird around Moon because he was scared that he was going to do or say something that would make Moon change her mind about liking him. The two weren't acting the same as they normally would and everyone could see it. Yes, they were still hanging out together, but they were never in the same room together by themselves. So far, the two had been dragging Lee or Alex everywhere with them. "So" Alex awkwardly says as he is sat in the middle of the two while being on his phone, texting Jackie "Um, do I have to be here?"

"Yes" Isaac and Moon both say at the same time, making them both awkwardly look at each other. Yes, they were acting weird around each other, but they didn't know why the other was acting weird.

"I really don't want to be here" Alex says "I feel very uncomfortable."

"Alex" Jackie says, walking into the living room. Alex had texted Jackie asking her to save him from a very awkward situation, and Jackie being Jackie, she came to his rescue "Can you come and help me with something please?"

"Yeah sure" Alex says with a smile before standing up and walking over to Jackie "Thank you" He whispers to his girlfriend.

"No, Alex don't..." Moon goes to say as him and Jackie go to walk upstairs "And he left" She mutters before going to stand up to leave the room as well.

"Moon" Isaac says, making her stop to turn and look at Moon "Can we please talk about all of this?"

"Didn't we already talk about it?" Moon asks, recalling the conversation they had when he asked her to be his girlfriend... well stating it.

"Not properly" Isaac says, making Moon sit back down next to Isaac "I just want to know what's going on, okay? Because one night you're telling me that you really like me and then the next day, you rejected me. It's just kind of messing with my head and I don't know what's happening between us."

"I do like you but I know what you're like when it comes to relationships" Moon tells Isaac "I don't want to be like every other girl you've been with Isaac. I don't want a couple of weeks of happiness just to have my heart broken. I won't let anyone do that to me, even you."

"Moon, you're not like every other girl to me" Isaac tells Moon "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Then show me that" Moon honestly says "Don't ask me out in the same way you have with the last girl, and the girls before that. That doesn't show me you really want to be with me."

"Okay, I will" Isaac tells Moon with a small smile "But, can we not be awkward around each other, you know, till I've figured everything out? I still want to be able to hang out with you without Alex or Lee having to be around."

"I guess we can be around each other without being awkward" Moon says with a shrug, making Isaac wrap his arm around Moon's shoulder "So, what are we going to do?"

"I've got an idea" Isaac says before turning on the television, putting Mean Girls on. Out of all of the films that Moon loves, Isaac refuses to watch Mean Girls. He's never liked the film, but for Moon, he guesses he can sit through it. Only for her though.

"I thought you hated Mean Girls?" Moon asks Isaac with a smile.

"I do" Isaac says as he looks at Moon, to see that she's already looking at him "But since you love it, I guess I can put up with it."

TIME SKIP BY ISAAC BEING A SIMP FOR MOON

By the time they had finished the film, Isaac was looking at the screen with wide eyes while Moon had the biggest smile on her face. "And this film shows why girls terrify me" Isaac tells Moon "Girls can be batshit crazy."

"Only when they want to be" Moon tells Isaac with a shrug.

"And that's even more scary" Isaac explains to Moon "Like one minute they could be the nicest person ever and then the next minute they could be planning your murder. Not that I'm saying you would or anything. You're perfect and would never be crazy or anything. Shit, you rambling so much has made me start doing it."

"What can I say?" Moon asks with a laugh "You just love me that much that you're picking things up from me."

"Yeah, you're right" Isaac tells Moon with a smile, making her look at him, matching his smile.

847 Words