last day of school

Moon was excited, because it is the last day of school before Thanksgiving

Moon was excited, because it is the last day of school before Thanksgiving. She was excited to have a break and be able to just relax for a while. As much as Moon cares about school, it does stress her out a lot. With her very short attention span, it takes her ages to do school work, which is normally left till last minute. There was one time it took her three hours to read an article that she had to read for English, and she started it at one in the morning the night before. So, she was happy to be able to have a bit of a break from all of the stress she gets from school. "Moon, Moon" She hears Garret whispering from behind her, making the girl turn around "Are you and Isaac good?"

"Why wouldn't we be?" Moon whispers back to Garret.

"Isaac feels like you're avoiding him or something and normally you two sit next to each other but you've sat on the opposite side of the room to him" Garret explains to Moon. It was true, Moon had been avoiding Isaac but that's because she didn't really know how to act around him without turning into a nervous wreck. Isaac had also noticed this and ranted to Garret about it, so Garret took it upon himself to talk to Moon about it.

"Well" Moon says, trying to think of something to say to Garret "That's none of your business."

"It is my business when Isaac won't stop talking about it" Garret says to Moon. While he did talk to Moon to find something to say to Isaac to make his friend shut up, he was also worried about Isaac. In the years that Garret has known Isaac, he has never seen him so upset about a girl not talking to him. Ever.

"I've just been busy lately" Moon says, coming up with an excuse "That's all."

"That's all my ass" Garret whispers to Moon, making her roll her eyes "Look, I don't know why you're not speaking to Isaac and honestly I don't care. It's just I've just never seen Isaac like this so please, for his sake, talk to him."

"Okay, I'll talk to him later" Moon says, which makes Garret nod his head in approval before Moon turns back around to pay attention to the lesson.

TIME SKIP BY GARRET BEING A GOOD FRIEND (we stan Garret)

"She hates me" Alex complains to Moon, talking about Jackie. Alex felt like Moon was the best person to go to for his Jackie problems, not that Kiley wouldn't be good to talk to, it's just that Moon knows Jackie better, so Moon would be able to give the better advice.

"She doesn't hate you" Moon tells Alex.

"I should have done it when I had the chance" Alex complains again.

"Oh yeah, you should have taken advantage for a drunk Jackie" Moon sarcastically says "That definitely wouldn't have made her hate you at all."

"It would have made me a total jerk" Alex agrees with Moon.

"So it's a good thing that you didn't" Moon tells Alex "Shows you're a good guy."

"But now she thinks I don't like her" Alex says to Moon, knowing that Jackie is avoiding him, like how Moon is avoiding Isaac.

"Alex, she doesn't think that" Moon says with a sigh "She's just doing a lot of school work to distract herself, she'd not avoiding you. If she was avoiding you then she would be doing what I'm doing to Isaac."

"What do I do?" Alex asks Moon.

"One thing to do would be to stop obsessing over it" Moon tells Alex "You've been obsessing and worrying about this and that's not good for your mental health at all."

"Whoever said 'time heals all wounds' has never been wounded like this" Alex dramatically says, slamming his face against the locker next to Moon's. 

"Look, Alex, girls like romantic gestures" Moon tells Alex.

"But I'm not good at, like, making picnics or buying flowers or whatever" Alex tells Moon "You know this already."

"And that's the basic stuff which girls don't want" Moon tells Alex "A girl wants to be shown that she is special. Different to any other girl. You just need to do something that shows Jackie that she is special. Do something that is meaningful to her."

"Like what?" Alex asks Moon.

"New York is meaningful to her" Moon says with a shrug "Maybe start there."

"Hey Moon" Isaac says walking over to the two "Can we talk?"

"I'll leave you two alone" Alex awkwardly says "Thanks for the help Moon."

"Anytime" Moon says to Alex with a smile before he walks away "So, what's up?"

"I feel like you've been avoiding me" Isaac tells Moon "And I don't know why so I feel like I've done something wrong and I don't know what I've done wrong and..."

"Isaac, you haven't done anything wrong" Moon says to Isaac with a sigh "I've just been busy lately."

"Busy with what?" Isaac asks "And don't say school work because we're in basically every class together and have barely been given anything."

"Busy with work" Moon lies. She didn't want to tell him that she's been avoiding him because she likes him and doesn't want to come across like a complete nervous wreck like she does with everyone that she's ever liked. That would just be a stupid thing to tell him. "With Thanksgiving coming up a lot of people have been making appointments which means I've been working overtime and it's stressing me out a lot."

"You could have just told me that instead of just not talking to me all together" Isaac tells Moon "It made me think you're annoyed at me or something."

"I could never be annoyed at you, Isaac" Moon says truthfully. It's true, Moon has never been annoyed at Isaac in the whole time she's known him. Even when he was pulling pranks on her when she first moved in, she was never annoyed at him. Maybe because back then, she did have a bit of a crush on him, but that ended up going away and she was still for some reason never annoyed at him.

"Okay, does this mean we're good?" Isaac asks Moon.

"Yes, we're good" Moon says with a smile, making Isaac smile back at her. God, this boy is gonna be the death of her.

1064 Words