my girl

"Hey, Moon" Isaac says as he leans on the locker next to Moon

"Hey, Moon" Isaac says as he leans on the locker next to Moon. Moon was nervous about seeing Isaac because she was scared about properly talking to him about what happened last night. Yes, she knows that he likes her back now, but it still doesn't make it less terrifying. Moon is one of those people who ignores a problem until it goes away, so she had been avoiding Isaac all morning, which was working... until now.

"H-h-hey Isaac" Moon stutters as Isaac smiles at her, taking off his jacket and putting it over her shoulders "Why you giving me your jacket? You never give me your jacket unless I'm freezing to death."

"Because I want everyone to know you're my girl" Isaac says with a shrug, not seeing the big deal about him asking her to his girlfriend so casually. Isaac had been with girls in the past and it ended quickly because he never tried to keep the relationship going. He would call someone his girl and then barley talk to them until they ended it, and Moon knew this too well.

"Your girl, huh?" Moon asks which makes Isaac nod "Yeah, that's not happening."

"What?" Isaac asks in shock. Isaac was never someone who was used to rejection, if he wanted a girl, he got her, and Isaac really wanted Moon as his girl, so he thought it'd be easy to get her. Apparently not.

"Look Isaac, as much as I like you, I'm not going to say yes to you when I know you put the bare minimum into relationships" Moon explains "I don't want to be some girl that you say is your girl and barley speak to me for ages until we break up and then you just ignore me like it's nothing. So, if you actually like me, put the effort in. Ask me to be your girlfriend that is in somewhat way romantic and shows that you'll put the effort in and then I'll reconsider my answer."

"How am I supposed to do that?" Isaac asks.

"Figure it out yourself" Moon says with a shrug as she shuts her locker and starts walking away from him.

"Can I at least have my jacket back?" Isaac shouts to Moon.

"I'm keeping the jacket!" Moon shouts back "It's mine now!"

"Hey Moon" Erin awkwardly says, walking over to Moon "Is that Isaac's jacket?"

"Why are you talking to me like we're fine?" Moon asks Erin "After Starr died, you ignored me like I was nothing. Before she died we were friends and then after she died, when I needed you, you act like you don't know me."

"She wasn't only everything to you" Erin tells Moon "She was everything to me too. She was my best friend. She was there for me when my dad died, she was there for me for every track meet, everytime I need her, she was there. And I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you after she died, you just reminded me so much of her and I just couldn't talk to you without seeing her. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you but I was hurting too, Moon. You have to understand that."

"I never thought of that" Moon mutters, feeling guilty. After her sister died, she was busy trying to get through her own guilt and she completely forgot that Erin would have felt the same way that she did "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too. I should have been there for you" Erin says. After finding out what happened between Cole and Olivia, she needed a friend and she wanted that friend to be Moon. She knew Moon would hate her, and Moon had every right, but right now, she needed her "Can we start over? To try and be like how we were?"

"I'd like that" Moon tells Erin with a smile, who matches Moon's smile "I'm sorry about what happened at the Bonfire last night. Must have been rough to find that out."

"It was but I guess Olivia wasn't really my friend after all" Erin says, shrugging off the fact that she's actually upset about it "But I saw you and Isaac kissing each other, does that mean you two are a thing now?"

"He asked me to but I don't want to be like every other girl he's been with" Moon tells Erin "So I told him I'd say yes if he put some effort into it."

"That explains the jacket" Erin tells Moon with a smile "In my opinion, I think you two would be adorable together" Erin tells Moon as they walk over to Erin's locker.

"Oh, look it's the show auditions" Moon says happily. Much like Danny, Moon loves acting. She loves to bring a character to life and entertain people. If becoming a singer doesn't work out for her, she would love to be an actress. She just loves the theatre.

"Ugh, why do the theater geeks always tag our lockers with their flyers?" Olivia says to Erin in a disgusted tone as she walks over to the two girls "Like we'd ever risk social death to be in one of their plays."

"Why are you talking to me?" Erin asks Olivia "And why are you saying stuff like that about one of my friends?" Erin also asks before looking at Moon with a smile before they both walk away, with Erin still holding the flyer.

"You going to audition?" Moon asks "You used to love helping me practice my lines when we were little."

"I don't know" Erin says with a sigh "I'm not sure if it's my thing and you know what my mom would be like if I focus on anything other than track."

"Just think about it, okay?" Moon asks Erin "And if you want to audition, I'll come with you and help you out in anyway I can. I promise."

"I'll think about it" Erin says to Moon with a small smile.

994 Words