dress rehearsal

Rehearsals had not been going so great

Rehearsals had not been going so great. Well, it went great for most of the cast, just not for Isaac. He knew that acting wasn't something he is good at and he only auditioned for Moon, but he didn't know if he could go through with his plan to get Moon to be his girlfriend. So, thanks to Alex, Isaac came up with another plan to ask Moon to be his girlfriend so he can quit the show. Isaac knew it would upset Moon that he'd be quitting, since she said how happy she was about him being there many times, but he didn't want to go up on stage and embarrass himself in front of everyone because he can't act. As much as he likes Moon, he couldn't do that. "Why aren't you dressed?" Danny asks as he walks over to Isaac.

"I... I think I'm gonna" Isaac starts to say "Yeah, no I'm definitely quitting the play."

"We open in a week" Danny says to Isaac, being pretty pissed off. First, Isaac takes his role, but since Isaac auditioned for Moon, he decided to let it go; and now Isaac was just going to ditch them a week before opening night?

"Look, this is what you wanted" Isaac tells his older cousin, handing him the costume "The... the part's yours."

"Oh, first tell me why you want to bail?" Danny asks Isaac "I thought you were doing the play for Moon."

"You saw me last night. I can't do this, all right?" Isaac tells Danny "As much as I like Moon, I'm not gonna go and make an idiot of myself" He says before he goes to walk away.

"Look" Danny says, stopping Isaac from walking off "I'm not gonna lie. Rehearsals have been kind of rough. But you learnt all the lines, which is the hardest part. You just gotta... work on how to say them, and you'll be great."

"You think I can just do that in a few days?" Isaac asks Danny, knowing he won't be able to.

"Yeah" Danny says as Erin starts walking closer to them.

"Nah. Pass" Isaac tells Danny "I've got a better plan to get Moon as my girlfriend anyways" He says before he goes to walk away for the second time.

"Come on" Danny says to his younger cousin "I'll give you a crash course" Danny says, following Isaac, which makes Isaac stop walking "Hey, Erin? If you don't mind, could you help?"

"Sure" Erin tells Danny before turning back to the people she was having a conversation with "See you guys."

"See you later" The girl says as the two walk off, leaving Erin to turn and look at Danny and Isaac.

"Okay, the key to acting is committing to what you're saying. Right, so just watch?" Danny tells Isaac, putting on the jacket for the costume "Okay" Danny says, looking at Erin "I love thee."

"Why then, God forgive me" Erin says the line back to Danny.

"What offence, sweet Beatrice?" Danny says.

"I was about to protest I lov'd you" Erin says back.

"And do it with all thy heart" Danny says back.

"I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest" Erin says before Danny turns back to Isaac.

"It's all about believing the other person and trusting in the words" Danny tells his younger cousin.

"Wow, I actually thought you guys were gonna kiss" Isaac says in disbelief.

"It's just acting, right Erin?" Danny says, trying to be modest.

"Yeah" Erin says with a smile "And if Danny's advice doesn't work, maybe you could try imagining that you're talking to Moon."

"Hello? I heard my name" Moon says, walking over to the three.

"We were just helping Isaac out" Erin says with a smile "We told him he could ask you for help as well."

"Oh okay" Moon says with a smile, looking at Isaac "But yeah, I'd be happy to help."

"We'll leave you two alone" Danny says with a smile as him and Erin walk away, leaving Isaac and Moon by themselves.

"Y-y-you look pretty" Isaac stutters out. This was all new to him. Liking a girl the way he likes Moon. If he was being completely honest with himself, he was way out of his depth with her. He had no idea how to act around her, being too scared he'd say or do the wrong thing. Isaac just didn't want to mess anything up with Moon.

"Thank you" Moon says with a smile "I don't really think pink suites me that much though."

"Moon, shut up, you'd look great in anything" Isaac says with a laugh.

"I wouldn't look great in one of those dinosaur inflatable outfits" Moon says "Remember the day me and Alex wore those and had a race around the house? The amount of times I fell over."

"Yeah, I had to keep following you around to make sure you didn't fall on your face" Isaac says with a small laugh, remembering that day. He had no idea why Alex and Moon were wearing those dinosaur outfits or running around the house in them, but he saw Moon fall over in front of his room, and he was scared she'd fall and hurt herself, so he followed her around for the rest of her and Alex's race. Thanks to Isaac following her around to keep her on her feet, she ended up winning.

"We should do that one time!" Moon says with a smile.

"Yeah, that's not happening" Isaac says, smiling back at Moon.

"It definitely is" Moon says back as the two walk into the auditorium together.

933 Words