13

📍Tallahassee, FL📍
October 15th
__________________

Irritation rolled off Damiri as he tilted back in his office chair. The natural mug on his face deepened the more he heard. Tapping his finger against the glass desktop, he reached over and grabbed a pre-rolled blunt.

" Pryce, I gave you a day to find something, anything, and now you're sitting here giving me nothing but bullshit " Damiri's voice held irritation. Hearing Damiri drop his real name, P swallowed the newly found nervousness.

Nobody used P's government name so that alone let him know Damiri wasn't playing.

" I looked at the traffic surveillance and followed the car until I couldn't " P stated looking at Damiri who took multiple pulls from his blunt letting everyone know he was mad. 

" Trace the damn license plate then "

" There wasn't one to trace Black " Once them words left P's mouth, Damiri's hand banged against the glass desk nearly breaking it. The anger he held was pouring out. Damiri controlled his emotions greatly but his gut was telling him that this incident was merely the beginning.

" Pryce Ion wanna see you until you got something worth seeing, do you understand me? " Damiri uttered leaving Pryce no leeway to speak a word. Watching P walk out his office, Damiri ran his hand down his face and let go a long sigh he didn't know he was holding.

The shooting incident had more to it and Damiri knew it. Who was stupid enough to shoot a Nicolas knowing the negative outcomes, Damiri needed Answers and fast.

The sound of the door swinging open and slamming against the back wall made Damiri look up. Glancing at Syrenity who stood in front of him with a deep mug placed upon her face.

" Syrenity, ma why you here," Damiri said before letting his eyes wander over her. She wore some black leggings with a grey cropped hoodie and some grey New Balance. The brown wig on her head was once laid again and pulled into a ponytail.

" Damiri why are two men following me around," Syrenity asked already knowing the answer.

" They're for your protection and because I haven't found who was behind the shooting, they staying. " Damiri locked eyes with her. 

" I don't need protection Damiri, I can take care of myself. Having two men following me everywhere is unnecessary and I don't want them" Syrenity whined. Clicking his teeth, Damiri rubbed his fuzzy braids.

" Syrenity, I didn't ask you cus it wasn't a choice. They here to protect you when I'm not around so get used to it " 

" I don't want people following me like I'm some weak person, I can protect myself " Syrenity pushed again. Serenity didn't want nobody treating her like she was weak, her father trained her self-defense and she knew more than enough about guns.

The truth was, Syrenity didn't want Damiri to feel like she was holding him down having to shield her. She hated feeling helpless and that's why she didn't want any bodyguards.

" You can't protect yourself Syrenity that's why they got hired in the first fucking place, ion need my head being fucked up with tryna' keep you safe when I got more shit to worry bout. Maybe if you weren't so damn defiant when it comes to your father then maybe I wouldn't have got you bodyguards. You walk in here saying what you don't want and whining bout shit you already know was gone happened, I see why Giannvon does that shit he does. " Damiri snapped regretting his choice of words as soon as they rolled off his tongue.