26

📍Tallahassee,FL📍
January 16th
_____________

Hospital

The soft beep echoed from the hospital machine that was hooked up to Syrenity's chest. Damiri tiredly watched her face that was emotionless as she continued to sleep. After rushing her to the hospital, The doctors worked rapidly to patch her injuries up.

They had announced to him that Her throat was severely fractured due to pressure being applied constantly and that it would take time to heal properly. Her ribs were also bruised and had a minor torn cartilage which thankfully didn't get worse.

She had lost gallons of blood and was blessed to had been found and brought to the hospital. Giana had donated her blood being that she was the only match close. Her injuries were long and just hearing them made Damiri's heart ache.

The last two months were a dark time for her and he wasn't able to be there for her like he should've been. Running his hand over her arm, he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

" I'm so sorry mama, I should've never let this happen " His words didn't fall to death's ears as she could still hear him clear as day.  Leaning back into the chair that was pulled out the corner and placed next to her bed, Damiri rubbed his temple as the bad headache pounded. The headache wasn't new and had been coming and going due to the lack of food.

" It's not your fault Miri " a familiar voice spoke behind them making Damiri's head snap towards the entrance. Looking at Niaom who held a bookbag, Damiri looked back over to Syrenity only feeling sorrow and guilt.

" You look like shit maybe you should go home and get some rest, she wouldn't want you to neglect yourself " Niaom voiced throwing a concern look at him. He had big bags under his eyes and his hair was fizzy and undoing themselves out the braids.

" nah "

Shaking her head, Niaom placed the bag at his feet already knowing he would say that. Walking away from him and going to Syrenity, Niaom ran hand thumb over Syrenity cheeks before placing a slight kiss on it.

" I miss you, girl, we got so much talking to do but you gotta wake up for us. "  she smiled lightly as tears threatened to fall out. Syrenity been sleep for three days and it was starting to worry everyone even though the doctors said she was just catching some rest.

" How's your arm feeling " She turned to Damiri who just shrugged. Rolling her eyes at his nonchalant act, giving Syrenity a small hug she made her way over to Damiri and pulled him into a hug.

" Please take care of yourself, There's some water and food in there make sure you use them. Bye bye " With that Niaom walked out the room leaving Damiri and Syrenity.

Looking at the bag, Damiri hesitantly grabbed it and opened it.

€€€

The cold Hospital room held a soft glow, as both Damiri were sleep. Stirring in her sleep, Syrenity slowly popped her eyes open as her dry throat begged for water.

" D-damiri " she choked out before coughing making Damiri wake up. Seeing Syrenity sit slightly up, Damiri jumped out the chair and rushed to her.

" I'm right here mama, here " He put his water to her letting her drink it. After drinking the whole thing, Syrenity softly pushed the bottle away. Pressing the button on the hospital remote, Damiri waited for the nurse.