CHAPTER SEVEN

M I L L E R

Napabuntong-hininga ako paglabas ng dean's office. It looks like Ms. Dy is firm with her requirements. Babagsak kami kung hindi kami magtutulungan.

Why do I feel like nothing has been going my way since that night? I know that I am unlucky pero bakit ngayon pa ulit ako minalas?

When I decided to return to school I promised myself not to stray away from the path I've prepared. Medyo strict but it is the only way for me to be back on track as soon as possible.

"Better keep moving." I sighed.

"You're right, you better keep moving," sabad ng lalaking kalalabas lang ng dean's office – si Axel Wesley.

Lumingon ako saglit sa kanya at nakita ang nakangiti niyang labi. He is showing a mischievous smile. Combined with his gorgeous face, his mischievous smile appeared charming. Maski ako ay hindi ko maipagkakaila ang ganda ng mukha ng lalaking 'to.

"So, we'll be partners from now on?" sabi niya as he stretched his arms to me, offering me a handshake.

Akala niya ba na being partners with him is something to celebrate about?

It doesn't matter if he's smart and can do the work fast, as long as he's a head turner, things won't work out. I'm sure na hahabulin siya ng tingin kapag magkasama kami sa library or cafe.

"Don't be too excited," I replied then left his hand hanging. Umalis na ako at lumabas na ng CAS faculty. He just makes me feel uncomfortable and troubled.

Palabas na ako ng building nang biglang nag-vibrate ang cellphone ko sa bulsa.

Sara is calling ...
A familiar four-letter name appeared on the screen.

"Hello, Sir." Mabilis kong bati sa professor na nakasalubong ko sa daan. Of course, he ignored me and I had to continue striding as I pressed the green icon on the screen.

"Hey, Sara. It's been a long time," I answered in a welcoming tone of voice. Tanging sa mga customer ko lang ginagamit ang ganitong tono ng boses kaya nagtago na muna ako sa bahagi ng hallway na wala masyadong tao.

I also have to sound calm. Mas mabenta kasi sa mga babae ang kalmadong boses.

"Hello there, Miller. Indeed, it's been a while I was even wondering if you have already forgotten about me," a woman's voice said from the other line.

Just like any independent woman that frequents our club, Sara also has her pocket oozing with money. She is an heiress to a big shopping industry in Hong Kong. I heard that her father will retire soon and she's preparing to take over the business.

"No, I should be the one worrying about being forgotten. I thought you already found someone and decided to be loyal." I teased her a little.

"Mn. That won't be impossible. I will soon have my father's business and I'm sure he will have me marry a man from a prominent family in Hong Kong."

"What's this? Are you trying to say goodbye to me, or are you just teasing me?"

Narinig ko ang mahinang pagtawa niya sa kabilang linya.

Ah~ the soft feminine chuckle with hint of bashfulness will always be a bonus in this job.

"You could say it's the latter. I won't say goodbye to your host club yet. I am only giving you a heads up of what's coming in the future."

Actually, she doesn't have to mention that to me. But I appreciate the thought.

"So... is there any other reason aside from that?" tanong ko ulit.