♡January 1, 2024♡

It's finally 2024 guys! With it, comes the first entry of Hypegirl 101 and the first lovesong of the day. So, the lovesong is.....

If You Lie Down With Me by Lana Del Rey

Since school doesn't start until the 4th, I likely won't have anything to report on for the first 3 days. As such, I'm packing these entries with lessons.

One of the most important things about this journal is just being a hypegirl. However, what even is a hypegirl? Well, a hypegirl isn't just a female hypeboy, that's for sure. A hypegirl is a girl who acts as a supporter and helper in her friends' romantic pursuits.

Now that sounds simple enough, but there are some other important fundamentals of being a hypegirl that distinguish it from just being a supportive friend. For one, a little obviously, she is supportive of her friends and acts in their best interests. Which means she ain't homophobic, doesn't crush-shame (not unless they're a red flag), and points out red flags when she sees them.

Another important thing to note is that most of the time, being delusional isn't the point. So, no shipping, no scheming to try and get someone to like another person through mind games, no stunts, none of that. What can be done, though, is a kind of restrained deluluness. Encouraging them to make a move, proximity closeness (which I'll talk more about tomorrow), connections galore, and listening to them gush on and on. This is mostly to ensure I don't end up embarrassing myself while doing this.

Speaking of which, as a hypegirl, you are also smart and calculated in your actions. When focusing on your friends' pursuits, it's just as important to help them in the long term as it is to help them in the short-term. Things like makeovers don't seem like they'd do much in the short-term, because they don't, but they CAN be in the long-term. Again, this is to ensure that nothing is too embarrassing and ages like spoiled milk.

Finally, have fun! As I've said, this journal is about creativity above most else. It's important to keep this individual edge when doing something so focused on helping others. Just finding any way to make it interesting helps so much and can really make your experience that much better. It feels less like a chore that way.