♡January 20, 2024♡

Lovesong of the Day:

SLIDE by Chase Atlantic

All of these important days back to back to back are sort of scaring me. So, if you were around during the Matchmaker 101 days, you'd know that D had a crush on Z and her partner. Well, I'll be calling that partner Cough from now on. Cough, D, and I had a sleepover tonight and let's just say so much was finally said.

We got to a point where we were talking about D's old crushes and D confessed to liking Z along with a close friend of Cough's. D's crush on Z especially lasted a long time and was very draining for her, since she knew she was taken. Shortly after that, she confessed to having had a crush on Cough.

I'm not sure if confessions are usually like this, but it was very open and sweet. D talked about how great of a friend Cough has been, their bond, her giddiness around them. So much. This confession  is something I've been anticipating for about a month at this point. Ever since Cough started planning this sleepover, I knew it was going to happen. Lo and behold, it did.

What I did not expect was for those feelings to be partially reciprocated. I say partially because it wasn't entirely romantic attraction and Cough was taken at the time (is still dating Z by the way).  Cough said that they couldn't exactly put words to it, but there are people that fit into a category where they feel very VERY strong platonic attraction towards them that boarders on romantic. In other words, not quite platonic but not quite romantic either, a pleasant mix of the two. Cough felt that way about D for about a month during a period where I was actually still doing Matchmaker.

It was sometime between April and May, a time where I'd mostly quit Matchmaker 101 but had yet to announce cancelation.

Anyways, that attraction Cough was experiencing was something I was finally able to attach a term to. They didn't know what it was called before today. I'll go more in depth in tomorrow's lesson, but it's a type of attraction called alterous attraction. I'm aware of it thanks to the aroace community specifically, with non-sexual, non-romantic types of attraction being frequently discussed. Alterous attraction is so intriguing to me, which means I'm quite excited to be able to talk about it.