♡January 4, 2024♡

Lovesong of the Day:

Hypeboy by NewJeans

⚠Discussions of the more ✨️intimate✨️ aspects of a flirtationship⚠

Today was the first day back from break! I didn't think I'd have much to write about, but quite a bit happened today.

Firstly, when I said that W was my only friend with a crush, that wasn't entirely true. I completely forgot that a friend of mine, Ho, has a crush on a girl I'll call Juno. Not only is this girl already a close friend of their's, but they have quite the flirtationship. They cuddle regularly, hold hands regularly, and are generally affectionate in a manner characteristic of a flirtationship. However, it can lean into overt (homo)eroticism at times. And I'm not talking about straight boy or jokey homoeroticism, no no. Not just because of Ho's romantic feelings, but also because Juno let them give her a hickey. Yes, a straight up hickey. Ho gave their crush a hickey.

For a little bit of background, Ho told me about the incident back in December. They had their phone out in choir and were showing me some things on their phone. One thing lead to another and they told me about the hickey, paired with a picture of Juno's neck. If it's of note, I remember very peculiarly that Juno was wearing a turtleneck the day I got told. In response to getting told, I assumed that Ho's feelings were finally being reciprocated. But apparently not, Juno doesn't have any romantic feelings for them despite that encounter.

I remembered all of this today because Juno just joined choir herself. Today was her first day in choir with the rest of us. This gave me more of an idea as to how to handle Ho and Juno. For one, their relationship dynamic is unique from anything I've previously dealt with, on this journal or Matchmaker. But regardless of that, I think the way to be the most present is through light teasing here. Nothing that would overwhelm or upset Ho, but just something to get them to be temporarily flustered. I think this more minimal approach is fitting here, as my typically larger approach would  definitely overwhelm and exhaust everyone instead of bringing fun and flair to the situation.

So now that that absolute madness is out of the way, let's talk about D and Glass. Nothing on my technique yet, since there's no newspaper meetings this week, but they have 8th period together now! This is great for D in combination with my connections. W also sat near K today for an event, but that's not really important. Also J has a "sort of crush" on a guy, but I won't be dealing with that because it went from being a more straight up crush to a "sort of crush." This probably means she'll end up losing feelings soon.