♡January 6, 2024♡

Lovesong of the Day:

Valentina by Daniel Caesar

OKAY SO LAST NIGHT WAS ABSOLUTELY HUGE I CAN'T PUT INTO WORDS HOW HUGE THIS ONE THING IS.

So, what on Earth even happened last night? Well, one absolutely giant thing happened. For some context, there's this really popular boy at my school, QG. He's known for being the absolute life of the party and unapologetically queer. He threw a party last night that I didn't go to. At the time, I wanted to go. For reasons you'll find out later, I'm now so glad that I didn't go.

He texted me specifically asking me if I could go to his party. Since it was already 10pm, I said no. After that, he told me that ONE OF HIS FRIENDS THOUGHT I WAS HOT. This immediately set off so many alarms, since shortly after he posted a picture of him and our school's f-boy together shirtless in his bathroom. I was freaking out and thought that it was the f-boy that thinks I'm hot. This was based on the assumption that it was just the f-boy at his house.

Fortunately, that was a false alarm. He told me that he wasn't the only one at his house. Also, he mentioned that he'd tell me who it was after the musical. This leads me to believe that whoever it was is definitely involved in the musical. F-boy isn't involved in the musical at all, so it probably isn't him. The only other thing he implied was that the person already knows I'm aroace. That makes me think it's both a mutual friend AND not a serious crush on me.

All of that information points to one singular person as the culprit: Matchmaker's B.

Yes, the B who I tried to set up with K through my cringey Cupid letters. He fits all the criteria to the point where I'd be shocked if it isn't him. Firstly, he's practically infamous for being QG's right hand man. At the last school dance, one couldn't be seen without the other. He's also one of my best guy friends at this point, the last time we hung out outside of school he called me one of his best friends. So he checks out on being a mutual friend.

Secondly, he's involved in the musical heavily. Our school musical is Frozen and QG & B play Hans and Kristoff respectively in it. So they're both major leads. I'm also a lead, but a more minor one. This makes B check out with being involved in the musical as well.

Thirdly,  he knows I'm aroace. He specifically asked me about it the last time we hung out and I confirmed to him that I was, in fact, aroace. I'm very out and open about that fact, mainly because of people shipping me with my guy friends. Ironically enough, B is the only one of my guy best friends that I've not been shipped with yet. Anyways, he checks out on that as well.

Finally, he posted on his story around a month ago that he "maybe" likes someone, lining up with what I said about it probably not being a serious crush. The only thing missing is that I have no idea if B was actually at QG's party or not. I also don't know if QG was being unserious and trying to mess with me.

Now, none of that is why I'm glad I didn't go to that party. Well, besides f-boy being there, that's part of why. Not just that he was there, but also that he and QG have a s3xual relationship. In fact just yesterday, my 3rd guy best friend, Chaka, told me that he overheard a guy on his bus talk about how f-boy and QG were doing the nasty in the OPEN BATHROOM. Not even in a stall, in the open bathroom and likely during 9th period. I can't find a way to verify that, but there's been rumors that those two having been doing it for months now to the point where I'm inclined to believe that it's true. I would ask the guy who was talking about it on the bus, but both he and QG are on my team and I don't want to get on QG's bad side for "spreading rumors."

The biggest reason why I'm glad I didn't go is because there was likely alcohol in it. If I haven't said it before, we're all in 8th grade at the moment. So this is a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds likely handling alcohol and getting smashed at an age that's, in my opinion, WAY too young with an f-boy who's a known SAer at it. I hope you understand by now why I'm happy I wasn't there.

To conclude this massive entry, I really don't know what to do. If it is in fact B, then things might be a little awkward at rehearsals. Those start on Thursday and since we're both leads, we'll have to show up at every rehearsal. I'm not going to confront him about it though, it's not that deep to me especially since this likely isn't serious. Even if it is, I don't want it affecting our friendship.

However, this is a little tough for me emotionally. To my knowledge, nobody has liked me in nearly 4 years. I like it that way, so someone finding me attractive is kind of shaking me up right now. I feel kind of honored but at the same time a little uncomfortable.