♡January 2, 2024♡

Lovesong of the Day:

Still Loving You by Scorpions

It's Day 2 of my journaling for Hypegirl 101, which also means school starts in 2 days. With school arriving closer and closer, I finally figured out how to handle K and W.

As I mentioned in the info page, W has a crush on K and K hasn't liked anyone since G last year. This means that her feelings for her are unreciprocated. However, a very important thing that I forgot to mention in the info page is that I'm not even supposed to know that W likes K. She didn't tell me herself, D told me. In fact, W specifically told D not to tell me because she doesn't trust me to keep it a secret. That's understandable, not only because I have a pretty bad track record of keeping secrets (which I'm going to spend all of this year trying to clear up dw), but being outed in a school like mine is quite dangerous.

But regardless, I do know. W not wanting me to know means that she doesn't think/know that D told me. This also means that I'll have to do my hypegirling in the shadows, as W cannot know that I know. I'll need to be particularly sneaky with it here.

So, what am I going to do? Well, I'm going to be using proximity closeness in this case. Proximity closeness, means getting the crusher and the crush in the same place at the same time with the aim of either...

A. Forming a relationship (romantic or otherwise)

or

B. Giving the crusher opportunity to just be around their crush

K and W are on different teams at our school, meaning they only see each once a day. That time just so happens to be in the morning when we do our daily announcements, which I'm also in. Getting W around K more often in there, in the studio at the same time and outside at the same time, is what proximity closeness will do. Unfortunately, we don't have morning announcements on Thursdays, which is when we go back. They won't be able to see each other hardly at all until Friday. I don't entirely know what to do until then.

K is on my team and W is on D's team, so she'll probably have to help me out here. In K's case, I know she doesn't like W back, so most of my hypegirl energy is going towards W. The fact that I don't see her nearly as often as K makes that an issue for now. I say for now because months worth  of rehearsals for the upcoming school musical are coming up. K, D, and I are all leads and W is in ensemble. K and I are both minor leads, so we'll be in ensemble as well. This means that all of us will be together for extended periods of time much more often. This gives me much more opportunities to use proximity closeness more effectively.