une

July 1st my ass!!! Bahahaha. comment and vote!

Riley's POV

I can remember and vividly picture the day when Ahlex called me whilst in labour. At first, I cussed her out because I wanted to know why the hell she was calling me instead of Baptist Hospital. But then she went into further explanation and I found out that she was pregnant with the second or third child of Cassius's. And that the child was due to be born any minute now.

So, I put all of animosity I held towards her behind me and I jumped into my car and made my way to her. Two hours later, Jasmine Evonne Smith was born. The funniest part about the whole birth was that Ahlex didn't even know Cassius's last name so she was sitting there in the hospital bed waiting for me to tell her. By that time the name was already written and done for. Her last name was Smith.

Another funny thing about the birth was that Ahlex told me she had spent months reading baby name books to come up with something for the little girl. I laughed because after months the only thing she could come up with was..... Jasmine. That's like the first page of common baby names.

Ahlex lived with her parents for the last few months of her senior year with Jasmine, then she went to the local community college. While she was in college, I was a junior in high school. I was also having my own problems at home.

My mom had lost her nice job as co manager at the diner and my uncle Michael's girlfriend left right after the funeral so there was no grown up with income in our household for about two months.

Rochelle ended up working at the strip club, which I had found out Pharoah now owned, through Deja and Mariah who were bringing home stacks a night. That left me at home with Christopher all night dealing with his crying while trying to study.

The whole time I was becoming closer friends with Ahlex again. And when I turned seventeen, the two of us even got our own apartment. I had a nice job at Hooters and she worked at Applebee's. It was enough income coming in for the small two bedroom apartment.

I finally graduated high school with honors and the courts finally decided that I was completely fine mentally wise and I didn't need to do therapy sessions anymore.

I was ecstatic because the sessions were so unneeded and cliche. She would start by asking me how I feel and how was my day before getting down to the nitty gritty. Basically talking about things I wanted to put behind me and never speak off again. I didn't want to talk about him, I didn't want to think of him. Before whenever someone says his name I'd get butterflies and googly eyes. Now I get flashbacks to the innocent people I was brainwashed to kill or the verbal and physical abuse he put me through.

And when I close my eyes to sleep, I get flashbacks of when I last seen him and he held a gun to my head. The police throwing him to the ground and roughly handcuffing him, his piercing eyes following my body the whole time as he was forced out into the back of a van. The look he gave me wasnt the same look he had when he kissed me or woke up in the morning with a smile on his face. That's what fucked me up the most.

To make matters even worse, no matter what or who I hang around. His name could be banded from my household but it won't matter. No matter where I go I see him. I mean, I did give birth to his two twin boys who looked just like him.

The courts told me that they told him about the boys because they were obligated to but if I didn't want to let my boys visit him, I didn't have to. It was my choice.

When I turned eighteen, my boys were almost two and I was living with Ahlex and Jasmine. I had also been sent a letter stating that Asia Hawkins was now mine by the court of law and all I had to do was sign if I wanted her. Of course, despite not having enough money to take care of some many children, I took her in.