dix-sept

happy 5th birthday to the twins!

Riley's POV

The birthday party is going to be a huge success. Cassius had given me the keys to the surprise mansion that he had bought me, moved us in, and I hadn't seen him since. I didn't really care because I had three kids to take care of. In a span of less than a month, I had the ultimate birthday planned out and ready.

"The cake... Where is Theonna with the cake?" I raved, pacing around the beautiful kitchen that I lusted over as soon as I had moved in this house. Not only was all of the applicances touch screen but colors and patterns were gorgeous. We even had some bitch as a maid. "Did Theonna say when she was bringing the cake over?"

"Uncle Darius said he's going to come over with it when his make up is finished." Asia told me without looking up from her iPod's screen.

I let out a breath of fresh air knowing that one thing could be crossed off my list. "You need to sit down, no, you need to fix that hair. You walking around looking like what the fuck when guests should be arriving here in a hour." My mom chasisted by the oven as she cooked the foods she was responsible over.

Touching my head subconsciously I knew I most likely looked a hot ass mess. "Okay I'll go do that." I rushed to straighten my hair, do my make up, and put on the outfit that I had matched with Asia. The two of had new matching outfits while the twins had there's. And of course they wanted me to buy Cassius one to match with them but I'd be surprised if he even showed up.

Taking out my phone as I headed back down the stairs, I went back to Cassius's message thread. A bunch of texts from me sat there still unanswered and unread.

Where are you???? The party is soon.

I'm glad he hasn't spoke to me since he choked me that morning but forgetting about our children... that's a different story. The twins ask about him sometimes but Asia seemed to forget about him too. I know the death of his brother was hard on him but that doesn't mean walk out on us.

Shaking my head in disappointment I put my phone up and reached the bottom of the stairs at the same time as the boys ran past laughing and playing. "Hey! Hey!" I called to make them stop in place, turning to look at me confused. "Go in the backyard if you want to run. If y'all break something I am going to whoop your ass."

Three lips from my sons and nephew smacked as they stormed out the house. I was shaking my head when the front door opened and my best friend stood there with two gift bags in her hand. "Hey bitch!" She screamed excitedly and I ran over to hug her.

"Hey Heather." I took the gifts from her. "I'm so glad you are here. You know that dead beat ass nigga not even here yet?" I was immediately spilling the tea because we hadn't been able to talk in a minute so I had to fill her in with everything. "His dumb ass won't even text back or at least call to tell his kids happy birthday."

"I won't be surprised if he doesn't even show Ri."

I could see Asia roll her eyes from my corner vision. "Can we stop talking about that nigga? When is Jasmine coming?" She spoke up making my eyes widened because I never really hurt foul language from her. The twins yeah, but never from her. Especially when it's about her dad. She loved Cassius more than anything else.

"Don't say that Asia. What's wrong with you?" I looked at her and she just shrugged.

"When is Jasmine coming?" She asked again.

"Go to your room." I ordered. Asia groaned, raising off the couch and stomping up the stairs. "She is eight going on eighteen I swear." I mumbled signing to myself.