thirty-four

Jasmine in the MM.

thirty-four

Darius and Ned stood outside the shopping center, handing out papers with Asia's smiling face plastered hugely in the middle. MISSING was in bold at the top while PRINCESS OF SEATTLE was at the bottom along with the price of five hundred grand.

They passed the flyers out to everyone, asking if they had seen the little girl and if they called the number or brought her to them, they would receive the money. The huge amount pending had every person in Seattle keeping their ears clean and eyes open for Asia. It had even gotten so crazy that some people had the nerve to bring in their own children saying it was Asia. But it had been one week and Asia still wasn't found.

Ray had all of the church members meet up and they went searching at parks, playgrounds, and even the forest. Darius's babymama Theonna baked goods for everyone to snack on while they searched high and low for Asia. She even gave out coupons for her bakery to the ones who attended all of these searches.

Asia's school helped, as long as the twins' school. Ahlex passed out flyers in her hair salon, saying she'd do anyone's hair for free if they had any clues or hints. All of this didn't help find Asia, it just encouraged niggas to lie and make up shit for free stuff.

"I think it's ridiculous." A woman sitting in Hair On Fleek gossiped to her friend. "A little drug dealing baby gets kidnapped and the whole world gotta stop. My teenage daughter has been missing for a week and the police aren't even looking for her!"

Her friend shook her head, agreeing with her. "You right, it's crazy. Samaya needs justice just like this little girl. It's privilege, I'm telling you."

"She probably got taken by another one of those hoodlums because her  daddy ain't pay his dues or some shit. I wish they'd keep all that New Jack City bullshit away from the community."

Ahlex's ears perked up as she heard the two women talking shit. She stopped trimming the girl's hair in front of her and pointed her scissors at the women. "Both of y'all old asses better shut the hell up before I overprice y'all asses. Don't nobody care about yo missing daughter. Her fast ass probably out here sucking dick in a hotel. Close y'all mouths and y'all legs and maybe y'all could find ya hard headed ass daughter."

The salon burst into laughter and Samaya's mother face burned red in anger and embarrassment. She hastily grabbed her purse and headed out, ignoring the other customers taunts behind her.

"She better check herself before she get murked. All I gotta do is make one call to my baby daddy." Ahlex high fived her friend and colleague, laughing.

Everyone hyped her on. Ahlex had a little fame in the hood because of the fact that Cassius was her child's father. She made sure she let it be known every time she met someone new. In fact, that's how she introduced herself to her current boyfriend Kane. He'd walked up to her in the club trying to spit game and she shot him down. "My baby daddy is King Hawkins, you might not want to try me."

A client grabbed the pink and purple  picture frame off of Ahlex's counter. "Aw is this your baby? She is so cute and she look just like him girl."

"Bitch don't lie." One of Ahlex's hired coworkers scoffed playfully. "Jasmine don't look nothing like that man. Now those other ones, they look like him up and down."

"She got his nose."

"And? They got his eyes, mouth, hair, and everything else."

Ahlex rolled her eyes, focusing on the head she was working on. "You just saying that cause my baby got darker skin than them. She do look like King. Just not that much in that picture."