thirty-three

changed my mind on where I was going with this story in the beginning for the 2nd time lmao so instead of this ending at fourty something chapters, there's going to be a loooot more chaps. I just don't want to stop writing about Riley and Cass and I can't find it in my heart to end their series in the way I had planned.

thirty-three

Mackenzie exited the hospital and ventured through the guest parking lot for her cousin's car. She knocked on the passenger side window to gain Nari's attention seeing as she had fallen asleep waiting. Nari  jumped up and quickly clicled the button to unlock the door and Mackenzie entered.

She had been staying with her cousin in Oregon for a while now. Nari was her first cousin on her mom's side which was fully Korean. She was more close with that side of her family then her father's. Her father's family disowned him after he started dating outside of his race. But it wasn't like he was a good man anyways, he was messed up in a lot of ways.

"So what did the doc say?" Nari  asked starting the car up again.

"The baby is just fine and growing perfectly. He just told me to stop stressing so much." Mackenzie touched her belly gently and sighed.

"When are you going to tell your mother? She lives right around the block from me Kenzie! You can't hide from her forever."

Shaking her head, she stared out the window in silence. "She won't understand what I'm going through. I don't want to."

"Neomu babo!" Nari exclaimed in her native tongue with her eyes trained on the road. "You can't stay on my couch for long. My husband is already mad with me."

"I'm leaving soon." Mackenzie knew she couldn't stay under Nari forever. Nari had five young children and a man. She had to get herself together and get her own place. She just couldn't wait until her baby was born. Then she wouldn't be alone anymore.

They made it home and Mackenzie went to help wash clothes while Nari cooked dinner because it was the least she could do. She was getting free rent and food.

Her phone dinged with another text message from her best friend Kenya and she quickly typed a reply back before closing the top of the washing machine and clicked the correct buttons. A kid ran past her, stepping on her toe and making her shout out at them. She didn't know which one it was but all five of them got on her last nerves.

After she was done, she went to the kitchen and grabbed a snack without Nari seeing her. She went out to the front porch to eat it while going down her Instagram. Like always when she was bored, she lurked. Her page hadn't been updated in a while, the last picture was of herself with a caption bragging about being in a private jet. A private jet that she didn't even pay expenses for.

She decided to post something new. Going to her front camera, she snapped a quick selfie of herself and uploaded it with a light filter and a caption about being on vacation. She posted it and continued her search down her feed. Her clothing line had tumbled down seeing as though the only people who bought from it was her own friends and family and her few Instagram fans.

After seeing her comments about how gorgeous she was, she typed in Riley's username to see that she still blocked. Rolling her eyes she logged off and went to her second profile she had made just to stalk Riley's page. Mackenzie just wanted to know if Riley had taken her place already.

Riley's page loaded and Mackenzie smiled seeing the new pictures she hadn't saw last time she'd been on. She scrolled through the pictures of the kids and selfies of Riley with a straight face. There was no indication of Cassius anywhere and she was satisfied. What was taking Cassius so long to get back with her? She wondered, maybe he was over Riley.