twenty-two

Cassius loved the view he had of the lake behind his house from the balcony in his bedroom. He stood there as he smoked a cigar, taking in the scenery and enjoying the peacefulness. Any second now he would have to go back inside and face his rowdy children who were getting ready for their weekend at grandma Ray's house.

He blew out a whiff of smoke and pulled out his vibrating phone from his pocket. Of course Ahlex was bothering him with hella texts telling him that he was supposed to get his daughter a hour ago. He put the leftover cigar back in it's velvet box and headed into his house so he could get leave and get on the road.

In Julius's room down the hall, both of the twins sat playing video games. "I hope y'all already packed since y'all playing games." Cassius made his presence known when he walked in.

"We did." Caius answered, his eyes not leaving the TV.

"Let me see. Y'all only staying one night and going to church, why your bag so damn big J?" He shook his head at the over-stuffed Mario themed backpack. Julius shrugged and threw his bag at his dad. "I don't know. You got to have choices." He explained.

Cassius sat down on the bed and unzipped their backpacks just to see what was inside. You never know with these two. As he dug inside Caius's he felt around until he came across something hard and metal lodged inside of a t shirt. He pulled it out curiously and sure enough it was a gun. "Why the fuck you bringing this?" He spat looking at Caius like he was crazy.

"You said you always gotta stay strapped." Cai shrugged and took it from Cassius's hands.

"Boy why you gotta be strapped at your fucking grandma's house? Have some sense. Dumb ass." He slapped Cai across his head making Julius burst into laughter and roll around on the floor.

Caius smacked his lips and brushed it off, sticking the gun back in the case Cassius had got him for his 8th birthday. It was nothing big to him because he was anticipating his 16th birthday which is when his father promised he'd recieve the gun he deserved. It was probably years away but Caius was already highly skilled with a hand gun than most to only to be in 4th grade.

"When am I getting one?" J asked Cass after his laughing fit had ended.

"When you learn how to be as good as your brother." Julius practiced along side his brother and father all the time but he just wasn't born with the talent like them. He was good just not good enough. But J had hopes that when he was older he would be better than them both. At everything.

Caius laughed and pointed his finger at J, teasing him. "Now whose laughing?"

"Fuck you." Julius spit and threw his PlayStation controller at his brother, hitting him in the temple.

Groaning, Cai held his head in his hands, the skin on his forehead was beginning to protrude and turn red. Cassius shook his head at them but he never broke up their fights until blood was shed.

Caius recovered and attacked Julius, pummeling him to the floor and lashing out on his face. Julius tried to block each one but couldn't so he used his legs to kick Caius in the back which worked giving him the upper hand for a split second. Like always, Caius was quick to get back on top and beat his brother's face in.

Cassius peered at his watch and realized he had to hurry. He grabbed Cai by the back of his shirt and forcefully pulled him up. "You hit like a bitch!" Julius talked shit from his spot laid out on the floor.

"Yo mama a bitch, bitch." Cai shot back, roughly pulling his shoes on like Cassius had just told him to do.

"We got the same mama stupid."