thirty-one

Chicken once again.... He thought as he stared at the meat brewing in the pot. He was so sick of eating chicken. It seemed as if that was the only thing his wife knew how to cook. Fucking chicken. Fried, boiled, grilled, baked. Chicken with a side of chicken. Chicken with a chicken potpie for dessert. He was so fucking tired of chicken.

Shaking his head, he turned away and opened his refrigerator for something to drink then ventured to his living room. It was surprisingly quiet and he remember his son Chandler was spending the night with his godparents. He silently thanked God because he didn't want to be bothered by Chan.

He had favorites and it was known to the kids and his wife. It was whatever Cassius said goes in this household. Only because he was Josiah's golden child. Athletic, smart, goofy. All of Josiah's coworkers and lady friends would tell him how cute his twins were but the one they complimented most was Cassius. Josiah could see himself in his son and that's what he loved the most about him.

The disorders didn't matter to Josiah because he was secretly diagnosed with the same thing. He just kept it to himself, it would make him a weak and easy target if he let it be known that he was mentally ill. Even his own wife didn't know. Then here's come his son with the same disorder.

On cue, Cassius came stomping down the stairs with tears streaming down his face with Laura close behind him. Josiah's eyebrows knitted together as he noticed the distress on his son's face and the irritation on his wife's. "Why is he crying?" He asked her.

"I whooped him. You know I don't play that when it comes to him acting up."

"And you know I don't like you putting your hands on my son." He shot back and Laura rolled her eyes, she didn't even hit Cassius that hard he was over exaggerating. "Well your son tried to light a girl's hair on fire today at school. So how bout you handle that! Ask him how he got a lighter and how he knows how to use it!" She yelled and drifted into the kitchen.

I don't know what she going to the kitchen for, she an expert at making fucking chicken she don't gotta check on shit. "Cassius come here." He called to his son, he didn't like seeing him cry, it made his nerves bad.

Slowly Cassius walked over to his father, his head still down as he sniffled up the leftover tears. Josiah grabbed him and picked him up, placing him next to him on the big sofa chair. He used his own thumbs to wipe the tears and put his arm around Cassius's shoulder.

"I told that bitch time after time not to put her hands on you. Next time she tries to touch you, you slap the piss out of her. You hear me?" He sternly demanded making Cassius quickly nod his head, agreeing to hit his mother without really knowing. "Where'd she hit you at?"

"My legs and my butt." Cassius mumbled gently and Josiah almost smiled at how cute he sounded. The little boy's voice was so gentle and sweet to him. He preferred this voice over his own wife's any day.

"See son. Watch this. This is what you do when a bitch get out of line and put they hands on you." Josiah stood, telling Cass to follow him as he went into the kitchen where Laura was turning the eye to the chicken down, seeing as if it was almost done. Josiah waltzed over calmly and pushed Laura into the stove piercing her side. She groaned out but was caught off when Josiah backhanded her in the face. The impact made her accidentally bite her tongue and drew blood into her mouth. "See C, that's what you gotta do. Hit her like the hoe she is. Don't ever let a hoe get slick with you."

Laura clutched on her swelling cheek and cried. Cassius watched on not fully understanding what was happening but his first instinct was to run towards his mom to help her, her cries doing something to him. Josiah quickly gripped his shoulder and halted him. "Nah let the bitch cry, let the bitch bleed. Leave her there. Maybe she can sit and learn how to cook something other than fucking chicken."