thirty-one part two

short chapter. happy Sunday :) yet this chapter is anything but holy.

Asia woke up for the second time since she'd slipped into her father's bed with him. Her eyes adjusted and she surveyed her surroundings. She noticed that she still on her father's chest, laying the same way he'd placed her hours ago. Turning to look at his face, she grinned faintly at his sleeping face. Kissing his cheek she traced the shape of his eyebrows with her finger.

His phone buzzed on top of the bed beside him shocking Asia. She reached over to grab it seeing Riley's contact name and a picture of the two of them smiling at the camera lovingly, Cassius standing behind her. It was an old picture but it still made Asia roll her eyes and decline the call.

She threw the phone back where it was and pushed Cassius's shoulder. "Daddy. Wake up." She called. His eyes opened and he looked at her in tiresome. "Asia let me sleep baby." He mumbled and turned on his side making her move with him.

"No wake up please. I don't want to be up by myself." Cassius had fallen back asleep already, not answering her. Asia whined and shook him again. "Wake up! Pleaseeee."

Groaning Cassius opened his eyes and sat up, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm up! I'm up! Damn." He yelled and glanced at her, shaking his head.

Giggling Asia climbed in his lap, straddling him and running her arms around his torso even though they were too short to go all the way around. She smiled up at him making him smile back at her. Leaning down, he quickly kissed her on the lips. "Can we go to Sky Zone today Daddy?"

"Yeah." He answered and stood up in the bed abruptly, Asia shrieked and tightened her legs around him so she wouldn't fall. Cassius threw her on the bed making her scream. He started to walk out the room when she panicked. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"Taking a shower."

"Can I come with you?" Cassius looked at her with his eyebrow raised at her question before shaking his head. "Nah... what you gonna do? Sit there?"

Asia got on her knees on the bed, giving him her promising puppy dog eyes. "I'm just gonna play on my iPad. Please Daddy. You can't leave me by myself."

"I've been leaving you by yourself for years. You good."

"Please don't leave me." She jumped out of bed and attached herself to his leg. "Please Daddy. What if you don't come back?"

Cassius laughed and pulled her off of him. "Fuck gon happen? Ima drown in the shower?"

She shrugged. "It could happen."

"Girl." He started to walk back towards the bathroom with her not that far behind him. She walked in with him and sat on top of the closed toilet seat, grinning innocently at him. "So you just not gon let me take a shower?" He laughed and closed the door. "I just don't want to be away from you." She answered honestly.

Cassius thought nothing of her clingy behavior and looked at himself in the mirror before starting to brush his teeth. Asia stared at him and his exposed chest since he had taken his shirt off the night before. "Is that a dinosaur?" She pointed out one of his tattoos. He looked down for a brief second and nodded. "Do tattoos hurt?"

"I guess." He mumbled and finished brushing his teeth. "So you really finna stay in here?"

Asia nodded. "Wait I'm going to get my iPad." She left and he got undressed, getting into the shower. She slipped back in and took her seat playing on her iPad like she said she would. But that was the only thing she had grabbed, she had managed to snag his phone as well. Remembering what his code was from the last time she saw him do it because it was her birth date, she put it in and quickly went to his messages and skimmed through.