quinze

Cassius's POV

Two faint knocks on the bedroom door cut me from my daydreams. I had been staring at this blank undecorated wall for hours since I had found shelter in here, thinking about shit and trying to calm the fire inside me that had started to grow. "Come in." I called out to whoever it was because it could only be my children or my girl.

The door was pushed open, the sound of it creaking could be heard a little. I closed my eyes and awaited for whoever it would be. The bed dipped in a way where I could tell it was a small body entering. "Daddy, are you awake?" I heard the little girl's voice that belonged to my oldest daughter. I opened my eyes, looking at her. She sat beside me with her legs crossed, a stuffed elephant stuck in the crook of her arm, identical elephants adorned her pajama set, and her hair wildly all over the place.

"What's up? What you want?"

She shrugged a shoulder, pushing her hair from her face so she could see me clearly. And giving me clear access to the cuts on her face that seemed to have been healing overnight but it still pissed me off. "I want to sleep with you in here."

"No you can't sleep in here. Go back down the hall with Jasmine." I told her with a straight face, no games, so she knows I'm forreal.

"Pleaseeeee daddy! Why not? I sleep with you all the time!"

"Not today though baby girl. I'm not tryna be bothered by anyone."

Smacking her lips, she whacked me in the face with the stuffed doll, shocking me. "Get the fuck out Asia." I spat, more irritated than ever. Why the hell didn't I just pull out? She jumped on me, clutching onto my shirt and pleading for me to let her stay. "OK! OK! Shut up!"

"Yes!" She smiled and started to slide in to the covers beside me, putting her body all over me.

"Come on now, move Asia." I grunted trying to push her away from me a little yet she still held on for dear life.

Once I had enough of trying to push her and I just relaxed, wrapping my arms loosely around her and finally being able to go to sleep.

*****

When I woke up the next morning, Riley was complaining about it being that time of the month which had me wanting to be hormonal and start crying like a bitch. This means no pussy. And this also means she's gonna sit in bed all day, eating and sleeping while I gotta take care of her bebe ass kids.

Back in the day this bleeding shit wasn't that serious because Riley stayed at her mama's house and I had plenty of side bitches to slide in for the week so I was good. Now was a different story. Plus I had a bunch of shit to do and she was just making this more harder for me than it had to be.

Tugging at my joggers made me peek down to see Jasmine still in pajamas and clothes in her hand when I could've swore I told her to take a bath about ten minutes ago. "I don't know how to turn the shower on." She admitted.

"Ask your sister." I simply said, looking back at my phone.

"She said to ask you."

Groaning I stood up and pushed her in the direction of the downstairs bathroom. When I had the bathtub nice and warm, I handed her the essentials that she would need then turned to leave. "Wait!" She cried. I turned around slowly. "I need lotion too."

"It's under the cabinet." I answered plainly.

"Okay and can you help me take off my shirt too please?"

What five year old can't take off a damn shirt? "What? You need help washing ya ass too?"

"No..." She mumbled with her head down.