vingt

Riley's POV

"Can you please give me the room number for Chandler Hawkins?" I asked urgently as I stood in front of the hospital's receptionist. She typed a few things before giving me the correct three digit number and we rushed towards the elevator.

I switched a sleeping Julius in my arms, he was getting so heavy my skinny limbs were nearly about to give out. I had gotten the call from some girl named Ashley telling me that Cassius was shot and to meet them up here. I had just put the kids to sleep and I almost wanted to say fuck him and not come see him but these are his kids and they have been dying to see him so I came.

Deep down I was just surprised somebody finally shot that nigga.
When I finally reached his door, I knocked twice then entered. He was asleep in the bed and some Asian chick was sitting in the chair beside him. "Daddy!" Caius exclaimed and jumped on the bed.

"Hey Cai, don't touch those cords okay baby?" The Asian chick spoke smiling at my son. My eyebrow raised at this mysterious girl. Who the hell is she and how does she know my child? I hope this isn't one of his little prostitutes because that means he had her around the kids and I will surely go off on his ass, hospitalized or not.

"Hi. Riley right?" She smiled and waved at me. I wanted to rip that fucking smile off her face. "He shot himself in the leg, my poor baby." I watched as she rubbed her hand down his face and the anger boiled inside of me. "I came in there just in time to save him... Sorry if I look crazy, I've been crying all day."

I sat down in a chair on my side of the room with Julius's head on my shoulder and Asia scooting into the chair with me. "I'm sorry but who are you?" I finally asked when I seen her pat Caius's head.

"Oh! I'm Ashley.. Cassius's girlfriend. I'm sure he's told you about me." No bitch. He hasn't. "You are the twin's mother, correct?"

Cassius started to stir in his sleep and when his eyes opened, Ashley was quick to his aid. She helped him sit up and handed him the bottle of water, putting the straw in his mouth. "Are you okay babe? Do you need me to get a nurse?" She questioned and I rolled my eyes.

"Nah I'm good." He grunted and situated himself. The first person he laid eyes on was Caius since that was who was all in his face. "What's up little me?" His voice was raspy and dry.

"Hi daddy."

Ashley was still all over this nigga, wiping his face, kissing on his cheek, fixing his bed sheets. This girl was really pissing me off. Get off his nuts yo. "Um, can I speak to my baby daddy alone please?" I spoke up causing both of their heads  to turn from each other to me.

She didn't answer me right away. Instead she looked at him. When he nodded his head to let her know she could indeed leave was when she answered me. I was stupefied and I knew this was most likely exactly how I acted with him. "Oh... uh yeah sure." She stood and fixed her shirt before leaning down to peck his lips. "I'll be down the hall at the vending machine. Want anything?"

"Nah I'm good bae." He answered her in a way that sounded so sexy, I wanted to pull my hair out.

"Can I come? Please?" Caius pleaded, looking from her to me then back. I nodded that he could and he smiled rushing after Ashley. I told Asia to go with him because I didn't trust that bitch as far as I could throw her ass. And she's already too touchy with my kid.

When the door was closed and they were gone, I looked up to see Cassius' eyes trained on me. I rubbed Julius's back when I felt him move to soothe him whilst looking back at Cass. "What happened to you?" I quizzed after a moment of silence. 

"Accidentally shot myself in the leg. Forgot the safety was off on my glock."

"I'm glad your bitch ass got popped. Should've been fatal." I spat, probably sounding childish.