sept

Riley's POV

A kid. A fucking kid. You know, at first I wasn't mad because I realized I had three kids but the fact that he didn't tell me overshadowed everything. Isn't kids something you bring up on the first date along with felonies and marriages?!

"Ri you're not even listening to me!" Darrell screamed making me shush him. He had come to my house really late while the kids were sleeping banging on the front door pleading for me to hear him out. Of course I answered so the sound of the loud knocks would end.

"What am I not listening to? Huh? Tell me about the little girl since you failed to do so before--"

"She's not mine!" He cut me off, screaming so loud I'm sure even the neighbors were startled. "I... I take care of her! But she's not mine and I didn't feel like I was obligated to tell you that shit!"

I felt bad. He took care of little Tara. He didn't stick his penis inside of a woman and create her. Plus Tara didn't look any kind of biracial, so he couldn't be lying. "Where is her parents?" I wondered, my anger finally settling.

"Her father is dead and her mom is broke. Can't feed her, can't shelter her. So Tara lives with my mom and I'm like a father to her."

"That's sweet." I replied looking up at him as he stood over me. I could see the creases in forehead, he had to be stressing over me and this situation all night. Maybe that's why he came here so late. I mean I did slap the life out of him in the middle of the park then stomped away leaving him, Tara, Asia, the other park goers and even myself shocked. "Asia has a new friend now." I tried to make light of everything trying to overcome our previous screaming match.

Darrell cracked a smile and sat down beside me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. "Does that mean you're not mad?"

"Are you married? Are you a ex convict? Were you once a woman?" I quizzed jokingly.

"Uh. No." He let out a laugh, his eyebrows raised.

"Then I'm not mad!" I announced, pecking his cheek where his dimple sat.

He turned his face at the same time as me when I tried to kiss his cheek again making me catch his nice lips. We started to kiss slowly until his wandering hands made their way to my hips and the kiss became real heated. "Wanna take this to ya bedroom?" He whispered into my ear then grazed his lips across mine seductively.

Grinning wildly I looked into his eyes, biting his bottom lip and pulling it into my mouth, sucking softly. "Can I ride this tim-?"

"Mommy!" Little footsteps were heard along with the piercing shriek, cutting my sentence off.

One of the Devil kids had awakened making Darrell groan with a low tone in my ear as I just giggled and pulled away from him. Honestly Darrell's sex wasn't that great. I never got off either unless I was on top, taking control. Other than that, he busts quick and then attempts to give me head which just leaves me wet and annoyed.

"Looks like you get to meet one early." I smiled just as Julius came around the corner with his stuffed giraffe held in his arm. "Hey, why are you up?" I asked.

He lifted his arms up for me to place him in my lap which I did. "I heard loud noises." He glanced over at Darrell with his eyebrows scrunched together in perplexity. J looked from the me to the mysterious man then back to me. "Who is this?" He questioned, his fist holding my shirt.

Before I could answer Darell took it upon himself to start the introductions. "Hey little man. I'm Darrell." He grinned which Julius didn't return, a blank look still on his face. "What's your name?"