thirty

a day early whoop whoop. love y'all  :)

The first slap echoed through the house and Cassius was stunned. He didn't expect to Riley to just come home and slap him. She was the one who deserved to be slapped. When she lifted her hand to do it again, he quickly grabbed her wrist and twisted it making her shriek in pain. He walked forward until her back hit the closed front door. "Don't put your hands on me." He gritted through his teeth, looking at her like she was vile.

Letting her go roughly, he glared her up and down shaking his head. "Don't put your hands on my kids!" Riley ignored the pain in her wrist and threw multiple punches at him hitting his face and chest. Cassius pretended to eat her blows when in reality her small fists could do some damage.

Walking in on her children crying and her daughter with bruised ribs, all she could see was red. She could tell Cassius was far gone from the look in his eyes but she didn't care.

"Get out!" She yelled at him, punching him under his eye and she knew it would leave a mark. He strongly grabbed a hold of hair and snatched her up, bringing her into his chest, looking down at her like she was beneath him. "Let go of me and get out my house... Please." She cried, the tears coming on their own from her anger and the pain transpiring in her scalp.

"How could you..." Cassius spat and tightened his grip with every word making her wince and slipped out dragged out whines. "My fucking best friend! And to think I cared about you, loved you. You ain't shit."

Riley was confused but she couldn't speak as she dug her nails into his hands in attempt to loosen his grip but it wasn't working. She was more concerned with her children who were holding each other on the couch in tears then her own safety.

Cassius had enough and threw her on the floor. He stalked over until he stood above her and bent down, coming face to face with Riley. He wrapped his palm around her neck and squeezed as she trashed under his grasp and attempted to hit him. When her face was red and nearly all of the air was forced out of her body, he let go and she gasped.

"I want to fucking kill you. But I can't." He threatened. Grabbing her hair again, she screamed as he dragged her across the length of the floor into the kitchen making her children's cries louder, matching with her own.

"Call the police!" Riley yelled at them. Caius was in his own world, Asia could barely move so she was mostly speaking to Julius. "Hurry! Call the police baby!"

J jumped up and dashed for his mother's purse where he suspected her phone would be when Cassius looked at him. "Hey." He called out spooking J into dropping the purse from his hands and looking at his father with wide eyes. "Go sit the fuck down and stay in a child's place." Slowly Julius started to walk backwards to the couch fearful.

"Nooooo no no!" Riley cried. "Baby listen to mommy. Please call the police. Please baby."

Julius started for the purse again, sensing his mother's despair and only wanting to save her from it. But the daggers his father was sending him struck deep fear into his heart and he decided against it. "I'm sorry mommy." He cried, tears falling from his eyes. Riley cried with him.

"Caius." Cassius called as he pulled Riley off the floor by her hair and forcing her to stand. Caius snapped out of his hard stare to the floor and looked up. "Take your brother to your room and close the door. And don't come out."

Cai glanced at his mom quickly then looked back at Cassius. He nodded and grabbed J's arm and pulled him out the room. Riley shook her head in disbelief, still crying. Cassius looked her in the face and pecked her lips. "I don't want to make you cry baby I just want to know the truth."