thirty-five

Jasmine jumped up from in front of the television when she heard the doorbell chime. Her little feet quickly went up to the door. "Who is itttt?" She sang.

"Jassy no! You don't open doors by yourself." Ahlex demanded and pulled her away. She opened the door to see Riley dressed in a sexy police woman costume. "Hey girl."

Letting her in, Ahlex closed the door behind her. "My bad, I know I said I'd be ready but my hair would not straighten for nothing."

"Oh girl it's fine." Riley smiled and sat down on the couch, Ahlex leaving off to another room. The two were slowly trying to get their friendship back to the way it used to be which is why they planned a night out together. Today they were attending a party, the night before Halloween which is why Ahlex was also dressed up as a seductive bunny.

"Hey Jasmine, I missed you." Jasmine laughed and hopped into Riley's open arms. "I like your hair."

"Thank youuuu." She dragged out her words cutely and jumped out of her arms, going back to the floor where her dolls were. Riley smiled. She loved the fact that Jas still had her innocence, playing with her dolls and giggling every chance she could. It was bittersweet considering that Asia no longer had hers.

Riley sat looking at the television when Ahlex came back in, fully prepared with a man behind her. "Ri, this is my man, Kane. Kane, this is my girl, Riley."

"Hi." Riley waved and Kane gave her a smile. "Hello." He greeted back.

Ahlex turned around to kiss his lips sweetly then bent down to peck Jasmine's. "Bye my loves." She called behind her shoulder as she walked out with Riley.

They got in the car and drove the way to the club. Riley and Ahlex sipped from their cups and danced slightly where they were standing. It was fun to have a little girl's night.

"So Kane huh?" Riley smirked. "Give me the information on him."

"Ohh he's perfect Ri. He's good with Jassy, the penis is a nice size, he has a nice job, and he treats me with respect."

"I'm happy for you and Jasmine. She needs a father figure in her life. I like Kane."

Ahlex rolled her eyes playfully. "Speaking of father figures.... guess who wants to be in Jas's life?"

"Cass?" Riley sipped her drink and leaned in closer to Ahlex because the music seemed to be getting louder.

"Yes! I let Jasmine stay a weekend with him... She liked it, he took her to  different places, bought her a bunch of shit. She said she had fun."

Riley quickly shook her head negatively. "No... no... Nope. Did I tell you about Asia?"

"You guys found her?"

"No. Before she went missing, she told me Cassius woke her up in the middle of night, kissing on her and made her touch him...."

"Wait, bitch what?!"

"You heard me!"

Ahlex smacked her hand over her mouth. "Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.... Ri!!!! Noooo he didn't." Riley nodded her head, Ahlex couldn't believe it. "What if he touched my baby?"

"I don't think he touched Jas. She would've told. I just... I don't trust him."

"I'm talking to her when I get home. He needs to be supervised at all times. That shit is not okay."

"Right?!"

The two women continued to gossip when someone snuck up behind Riley, wrapping their arms around her chest and kissing her face. She jumped in shock before smacking her lips when she noticed it was just Malakai. "What are you doing here?" She smiled.